Last weekend we went to a reunion. We didn't get there until about 8:30 Friday night because Doran had to work a little late. We thought we were going to miss the wienie roast so we stopped and grabbed a hamburger on the way. Then we found out that they were keeping the coals warm for us. Oops.
Next morning, Saturday. Ready for this.......I was so proud of muself. Doran, Jason and I headed out for a run at 6:44 am. We really should have left a little earlier. Anyway. I knew where we were going but I didn't know how far it was. The boys were doing good so I told them to go ahead and leave me. I knew my way. I wanted to see if I could find a good pace so I could run longer than I had before. So off they went. Doran cleaned our plow of course. He would get a couple of miles ahead and then turn around and come back. MY HERO. Then off he went again. He came back twice. I told him NOT to come back again. Instead to make it back to camp and then bring me some water. (Why do I always get so thirsty?) Jason stayed ahead of me about 2 minutes. I figured we were going pretty far (for me) because when I got to about 40 minutes and no where near to being done.... The furthest I have gone is my 4.5 mile route at home or the one in Arizona and I always finish in less than 1 hour. I was getting tired but there were no major hills so that was good. About the last leg of the run, I found some sprinklers to get wet in and grab a 'ditch' drink. Doran told me it was probably 'ditch' water when I told him what I did. I didn't care. That was the best ditch water I slurped. I had about .1 miles left when Doran caught up back to me with my precious drink. But I told him to hang on to it because I had one little hill left to climb and I was done. I told myself I had plenty of time to rest and to just finish this last part. Yeah!!! Doran was even proud of me. (I am patting myself on my back). I finished in 68 minutes. When clocking it in the car it was 6.1 miles. Runners World said 6.2. Either way I made it 6 miles.
After lunch and the auction (sorry, no pictures), we went down to town for the "Shoot Out". It was cute. Here are some random pictures for ya.
This is my cousin Lloyd and his daughter Daylin. It is so good to see family.
The Floozies
This is Buck. And Owen was there too. I didn't get a picture of him.
Brianna got to pet the sorsies.
Denise, Katie and Jon.Are they having fun yet?
See ya next year!!
3 comments:
Wow, you go girl! You are a running maniac! I am so proud of you! You will be so ready for Peach Days this year.
That looks like SO much fun! I love family reunions and wish my family had them more often.
Reunions are always so much fun. Looks like you had a great gathering.
Post a Comment