Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FRIENDS

This is my friend Julie. She is just amazing. She is an inspiration to me in many ways!! She has been through rough times and trials that I can't even comprehend.
The first Sunday we attended our new ward, the choir was singing. Doran and I braved it and sang with them. It was a hymn so it wasn't too hard. Well, sitting on the stands during sacrament you get to see most of everyone else. I spotted Julie first. I felt an instant connection to her. I didn't even know her. I hardly knew anyone for that matter. I wanted to meet her as soon as we got done but she slipped out before we even got down from the stands. Then I lost track of her.

I saw her the next week and still didn't get a chance to meet her. By the time I finally got my first calling as YW Secretary and had to fill in as YW coach also, we needed to call an assistant. Guess who got to help me? Yep! Julie. She is wonderful!!!! She is so good with the girls. And FUUNNYY!!

So.......when I got my YW President calling I knew she needed to be in there too. As a matter of fact....I needed to staff all positions because we were going to be gone for three weeks. I submitted my names (not knowing most of them) and they were all accepted. I was allowed to meet with some of them the day before I left. We were then sustained WHILE we were gone.

A couple of years ago Julie and I flew down to Phoenix to pick up a car her brother arranged for her to buy. Then we drove it home. That was a fun trip. Did I say she was great! She is so fun and she is always full of compliments!

She has now been a widow for enough years and she is ready for a husband. Anyone know someone who is ready for a fun loving, energetic and always ready to laugh person? She is dedicated to the gospel and loves the Book of Mormon. This really is not a "Personal Ad" but....

This picture was taken because she came over to drop something off and and thought my outfit was cute and INSISTED that we take a picture. Well I made her get in the picture with me.

I love you Julie!! You are the greatest!!

No comments:

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...