Monday, February 4, 2008

SUNDAY SNOW

It DUMPED!!! Doran shoveled once before he went to his early meeting. Then the block started right after. By time we got home from church it had snowed six more inches. REALLY!! I guess in a couple of surrounding cities they even cancelled church.

Even ask to Fast Offering Boys! Tyler and Jake

We parked on the street so we (Doran) could shovel. Dixie, our neighbor, did the same thing. She didn't even change first. She is out there in her dress still and she looks like she is having a blast.
Imagine getting a call Saturday night after 11:00 pm. It was Sarah. Her van finally bit the dust. I had to go rescue her. (Well I didn't HAVE to) She just parked her car where it died and our plans were to go get it after church on Sunday. Her transmission is kapoots. When we finally got there Doran had to dig her out. The van would go in reverse so instead of towing it....I drove it backwards for a block and then through a parking lot. Doran had to pave the way with the Suburban so we could get it parked. Mission accomplished. Now she just needs donation for another car.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of Dixie breaking the Sabbath! Too funny! We just talked to them today (For Clive's bday) and they were telling us all about the tons of snow Utah has gotten. Come on down when you get sick of it!
Mel

Tanna said...

We were one of the wards that were cancelled. How often does that happen??? Not very!! Apparently the heater wouldn't turn on either. Crazy!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...