Saturday, February 2, 2008

Where's the OXYGEN?

This morning I decided I was going to play church basketball. What was I thinking? Actually I did pretty good except the fact that I needed oxygen after the first minute of playing. Not to mention I was wishing for one of those hats that had a straw for some H2O. Next time....bring the gum. So I can choke on it? We'll see. We only had enough to play four on four. One of the girls on the other team was MUCH younger and a little firecracker. When that team plays they need to make sure they have officials that will actually call fouls. Get this.......when we both went for a free ball (that she tried to steal from me) she ended up flying across the floor. No foul? I darn near walked off the court the last quarter. She was getting a little rough. So what do I do intead of walk off? I do the same and she didn't like it. Why is it that good players like her get defensive when people don't just let them walk over them? Hmm. Well that's church sports. I thought I was going to have another 'black eye' picture for you but it was just a broken nose. Just kidding. But next time I'm going to wear a helmet. Then while I was "warmed up" I thought I would meet Doran at the gym. I only lasted about 10 minutes so I went home.
By time I got out of the shower President Hinckley's funeral was about to start. It was a wonderful service. What a wonderful man. If we could all have the same unconditional love that he had this would be a better world. And church sports would be a lot more loving.

No comments:

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...