I know I have a hard time reading someones long post but this will be for me and my family I spose. But feel free to read. Grab some popcorn and kick up your feet.
It was truly a Great AND Dreadful weekend. Let me begin..........
As you know if you have been following the Anniversary Ticker, we just celebrated our 24th Anniversary. And as you know ALSO that you voted. Well, not many of you. But you voted on how we should celebrate our anniversary. The "Go north and get snowed in won". And as for you Jason, who voted that we should tend the grandkids, I'll talk to you later. Where was I? Oh ya... voting. We DID go north. And we sort of got snowed in. Actually where we stayed, when you go downstairs to the pool and spa there is an outside entrance. However, right now the snow is so deep that it covered the whole door and window so you couldn't use that entrance. I kick myself because I didn't take my camera down there. It truly was a wall of snow.
Wait. Let me back up a bit.
We planned on leaving about 2:00 pm on Friday but.........Doran has been having some chest pains the past week and got to the point that he gave us both anxiety so we were able to get him in to the Dr at 2:30 pm. After a few tests at last he was pronouced Okie Dokie. Whew! I kept telling him it was because it was our anniversary and he was stressing because he didn't get me anything. All is well with his health. As for my gift???
We enjoyed a wonderful evening beginning with dinner and a couples massage and ohh the steam room. (Also recommended by a commenter) The room was gorgeous! I should have got better pictures but because we were short on time and by the time we got done with dinner, a massage and drenching hair from the steam room, I wasn't thinking about pictures.
Saturday - We got ready and drove all over town looking for a dumb Arby's to have a breakfast burrito. By the time we found one they informed us they don't do breakfast anymore. Oh Man!! We could have gone to Village Inn or somewhere. Well we got something quick to eat and headed for the temple. It was great!! We did some sealings. I love to do that! We stopped off at a bank to cash a check and lo and behold my Driver's License expired last month on my birthday. Oops. Someone better take better care of me. Then we went to eat at Costa Vida! Yum. Then off to get our anniversary presents........what was it you ask?? We bought us some backpacks for 72 hour/car kits. Then we bought goodies to go in them. We didn't quite get done when we got a phone call telling us that my dad has had a stroke and he is in the hospital. Well the rest of our plans changed and we headed for the hospital. We got home that night about 10:30.
Sunday - I was too upset to go to my 7:30 am meeting but I did make it to the 9:00 meeting, then home during Sunday School to call about dad, then back to YW. I was a mess. We hurried home and ate and went back to the hospital. Stayed there until 9:00 pm. Jason & Chelsea came down with the kids. Doran & Jason gave dad a blessing. 
Monday - Happy Anniversary!! We began the morning off with breakfast........guess where....?? Your right! Arby's (grab and go). I didn't pitch a fit for not eating at Bert's because I knew we were going to dinner later. We stopped at Smith & Edwards for more goodies to put in the kits. Then went and drooled over a couple of cars on our way to the hospital. We stayed until about 6:30 then headed to Texas Road House. MM Good. Thus ended our Great AND Dreadful Weekend. I'm not sure I want to have one just like it any time soon.
Oh and I went and "ordered" my new license today. I had to do another picture. Can you say double chin?
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot of it was great:)
Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he recovers well.
Happy Anniversary!!!
What a way to spend your anniversary! Hey, at least the room looked wonderful! Where was that at btw? I want reservations! Hope all goes well with your dad. I'll keep him in my prayers. Oh, and if that post was long......guess I better do some editing on my novels huh? :)
I'm glad you got to have a fun weekend together. So sorry about your dad. Hope things are looking up!
Post a Comment