Friday, March 5, 2010

Where Do I Belong?

Have you ever wondered where you belong? I am sure most of us have at one time or another.

I am going through that right now. There are so many things I want to do but don't know how or I'm stuck. I look at others and their many talents and realize I lack sufficiently in most areas. I am NOT comparing myself to others, I just want to find MY niche, MY talent.

It seems everyone belongs to some kind of "group". Not the "I attend this group once a week or once a month" but the kind of group that says. "I am a quilter", "I am a runner", "I am a baker". You get the idea.

I don't belong ANYWHERE at the moment.
Wait, that's not totally true.....I am a procrastinator and a lazy.......

Right now I want to:
*belong to a group of friends that does things together, even if it is once a month, or once a quarter, heck even once a year would be good. (Don't get me wrong, I have friends but really none close enough to DO things with. Except Audrey, when she will exercise with me). I would like a friend to call ME instead of me ALWAYS doing the calling.

*have my house so clean that no one needs to give me warning to see every corner of my house

*know how to cook fun and great meals
*have more meaninful and funner Family Dinners

*know how to sew anything I want

*know how to knit and crochet

*know how to decorate

*have energy and a goal for running

*lose weight
* take more time for pamping (file my feet, paint my toe nails, put lotion on)

*be a healthy eater

*be more spiritual
*visit my grandma better than I do now

*be better about serving others

*have an updated blog (this is my only journal) all the time

*so many other things I would like to be and do

Right now I think the hold up is my energy level and confidence and the lack of space and time to do what I want to do. (I know, I know, excuses.)

Maybe it is the teasing of Spring. It looks like Spring one day and I get excited and then it starts to SNOW.

Maybe it is my intake of sugar that is SOOO out of control and then I crash.

There. All done with my pity party.

Now what ta do? Maybe put all the things I want to do in a hat and draw something out and work on it for the rest of the month.

Anyway.....off to take a nap
What do YOU think?
Is it cabin fever?
What do you do when you are in a slum?

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I think everyone has these moments in their life. When I get like this, I usually know a change is coming. You just pick one or two of those things on your list and go for it!

Camilla said...

I would love to be able to sew or crochet any thing I want too! I know that feeling of wanting to be better at everything. And I agree that it must be Spring that makes us feel this way. I want to change everything!

Beth at Aunties said...

I so feel like you do in so many ways feel so lazy and am a huge procrastinator! ( My desk will attest to that!)
I read your blog and see a very motivated person and am inspired by your desire to be healthy!
Since building our home and moving after 25 years and raising our family in one area, I haven't developed those friends who call me up to run and do things and I seem to hibernate in our home way too often. I know WE NEED to be the one to iniate the 'friendship thing' I always taught my children...but sometimes it would be so nice to be the one called.
I too wish I could crochet and knit everything and sew anything I wanted.
So when do we form our new club?
You are not alone! ~♥

Yvonne said...

You are definitely not alone. I think that's why I take my running classes--it helps get me out of the house and do something with others that I enjoy.

I also love my scrapbooking which I'm getting back into. I think Elder Uchtdorf's talk about "creating" was so helpful for me.

I love the idea of putting all the things you want to do in a hat and draw one and focus on something different each month--great idea and if you put it on your blog we can all keep track ; )

UtahJenny said...

I have definitely felt that way at different times in my life - sigh!!! Anyhow, I wish there were a magic fix, but somehow, we just end up feeling better and/or finding good distractions. And do you have a b-day coming up? Because I totally have a cake for you - just let me know when and where!!!

Cheri J. Crane said...

Jody, you are an awesome woman, with a multitude of talents. Among them is your great sense of humor. You always make me laugh. ;)

Jodi said...

Hey what about the "I am a blogger" group!!! If it wasn't for you, I'd not be a member of that group woman! I do think it would be soooooooooo fun if we started a LUNCH BUNCH group that met once a month for lunch. Either at someone's home (and we did potluck) or a restaurant just to get out. That would be a riotious group!!!! Whadda say?

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...