Sunday, March 28, 2010

Support is important

No exercise for me on Friday. Can you say Slug? I stayed up too late with Audrey at her sister's house. Of course Doran got his gym time in.
Doran and I went to work and then I attended Lou's funeral. It was a really nice service. We were there two hours but I could have stayed longer just so I could hear more stories of him. He was such a fun guy! What a full life he had.
Just a couple of weeks ago Lou and Dorthy's daughter, Jennie, planned a family picture. I am sure all of us know how hard it is to round up our family's for a family picture. Well Jennie was able to pull of this project....with 100 people. I know that there were families that traveled from four different states to make this happen. The picture was wonderful! So now can you image how many people were there at the funeral that were family. The whole chapel was family. What a support group.
I feel like I have been to so many sad occasions that I am about spent. I can't image the families that are actually going through this and dealing with their loss.
I actually had a melt down in the parking lot after the funeral. I was just thinking about all the memories that I, personally, was able to share with those that have gone on before. And how a little disappointed I am that my father was not supported as much. I lost track of all the times that he has helped people. No, he wasn't perfect but he really did care for people. There, I said it. I will try not to repeat it again.

No comments:

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...