Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday blessings

I don't know about you but I LOVE Sundays. I love going to our church meetings. I love the spirit we can feel when we go. I love to be able to renew my covenants with my Heavenly Father when I take the sacrament, and pray that I will try to be better the coming week. I love our ward family. I feel lost when we cannot make it on Sundays.

Today was Fast Sunday. I really like hearing most testimonies as long as they are not "brag" moments and long vacation stories. I, myself, am such a chicken to get up. Every time I do, I leave my tongue on my bench and get lock jaw, so I don't go up much. There was even one of my little boys in my primary class that got up today. ALL BY HIMSELF! I am so proud of him. He is only 5.

Doran got up today and bore a beautiful testimony of letting go of our pride and loving the gospel and letting others help us when we need it. He talked about the Fisher Family and their faith and testimony of forever families and how he admires them. He talked about how we saw a change of heart of another lady that we Home taught and how at her funeral we were so grateful to see that she was in her temple white. He said many other wonderful things. People genuinely like listening to Doran talk and loves his lessons in Gospel Doctrine.

In Primary we had an Easter lesson. I love this time of year where we can reflect on the Saviors sacrifice and his resurrection. He did this for ALL of us! May we strive to live right and do our best that we may receive the blessings that are waiting for us.

We went over to mom's right after church for dinner. THAT was wonderful. She made....ready?....

Pork Roast with sauerkraut
Baked beans with 3 or more different kinds of beans, bacon and onions
Roasted potatoes, yams, squash and onions
rolls and more stuff that I didn't get to
Strawberry Shortcake for dessert
When we were done eating and while we were still pigging out visiting, this is what Scooter was doing.
Hi...I lOvE this little girl!
So what do you do after you break your fast?.....Well we are so full we feel like a bloated tick.

I say these are Sunday blessings!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I love Sundays too! I don't like when I can't get to church. Your little Scooter is a hoot! :-)

Audrey said...

I also had a great Sunday. It seemed that each testimony was meant just for me! Glad that you had such a happy day.

Yvonne said...

Sundays are great.

I try not to eat too much when I break my fast or it reeks havoc on my body.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...