Last Sunday was our Family Dinner. We didn't have as many in attendance because of work, health or other reasons and we missed them!
If you know me, I am not a decorator. Not that I wouldn't love to have my house decorated with EVERY occasion but I am lazy and talentless. So this time I went "all out".
We got balloons the night before thus explaining the deflating balloons. The best part....I sent them home with the kids. I always "LOVED" it when my mom would do the same with my kids. (sarcasim inserted)
I found these cute plates and napkins.
I made these cute little Pot's O Gold. I couldn't find chocolate coins in town so everyone got "Treasures" instead.
I hired a professional photographer.
This month I decided to have a drawing. Bananie put every ones name in a bowl and we drew for a couple of prizes. Grandpa Doran won these socks but let Bananie have them. I thought he would have looked just 'dawling' in them. (Oh and everyone decided that you had to be in attendance to win.)
My little goof girl
Sarah and Ben Jammin'
Ben Jammin' won the St. Patrick's badge. I wonder if I go see him at work on Wednesday if he will be wearing this? If not......pinches galore.
See where my granddaughters get their goof from....I mean, here is Chelsea and Cookie.
Goof #2
I even made green cupcakes. I am NOT a dessert maker. Not that I don't like to eat it. I just can't cook. Kelli would be so proud of me. And I didn't even eat ONE!! (I ate two)
Cookie won a pair of socks too.
This kid LOVES holiday socks. She wears them all the time, when she is not wearing socks so tight you can breath in.
I thought it was fun. I can't wait for the family to see what I have in store for next Family Dinner. (It falls on Easter)




Scooter got her frappe in this cute little green cup.

5 comments:
That is so fun! I am a tad bit green with envy. :-) I just love that you went all out in order to make your family feel special and create lasting memories. You rock!
If I don't get to feeling better, I have no clue what we will be doing. I intended on making shamrock cookie, green jello jigglers, having my kids sponge paint shamrocks, and color an Irish flag. Oh, and we were going to read a couple of St. Patrick's Day books. Praying God gives me the strength to heal.
Wow! I'm impressed!
What a fun dinner! I love the idea of a drawing! You've given me some really good ideas for Wed! Thanks!
What a fantastic meal ... I am going to remember these ideas. And I LOVE the pots of gold!!!! How cute!
I'm envious that you get to have family dinners ; )
Looks like such a fun time and great meal. (Loved the comment about not having one cupcake (I was VERY IMPRESSED) then started laughing when I saw the "I ate two" comment ; )
Cute pictures.
Post a Comment