Sunday, March 28, 2010

WhAt A dAY!!

Of all the days that I can sleep in, I don't. Frustrating!
Doran went to the gym and I waited and waited for Audrey to open her eyeballs so we could go running. Ok. walking. She FINALLY woke up after my last text after 8:15 am telling her to wake up.
We decided that we would drive out to a little town west of here and run home. Then we would get a ride out to get the other car. Or if things got back we could call for a ride DURING our run. I arranged with a few people just in case this happened. Just after we parked Doran called. He was done with the gym and asked where we were. I told him and he decided to join us. So we had to wait for him to drive out. But the good thing about him coming......he carried the water for us. YES!! I was going to wear the water belt but I knew it was going to be heavy and this would be the furthest we have gone.....ever. Audrey googled it and it was just under 7 miles.
So.....off we go. We were prepared for 33 degrees like it said, but we forget about the temp rising when the sun comes up. We are use to going in the dark. A couple of miles into our "ex our size", I started shedding clothes. Don't worry, I was decent.
HE MAN Doran would run up ahead and turn around and come back. He did this the whole way in and usually just in time for a water break. Audrey and I did the walk 4 min. run 2 min. most the way. She said she was NOT going to rest any less than that because next week we start 'walk 3, run 3'. Good luck to us.
Audrey was sacrificing her study time so after 5 miles, Kim came to pick her up. Then she went home and studied the rest of the day. How do people study that long? I don't have that many brains.
Not long after she left, I was getting pretty spent AND we ran out of water. We ended up running to my mom's house so they could give us a ride back out to get BOTH our vehicles. I was NOT about to run OR walk back out there to get them.
We walked into their house and what do we see? A big bowl of grapes. Boy did we pig out on them. They were just what we needed. Yum!!
I won't tell you about the corn dog we got when we picked up our vehicles. (We park at a little convenient store.) Burp... All that running to blow it on a grease dog. Sheesh!
After a shower we textured the spare bedroom. I was hoping to get a coat of paint on the walls and shampoo the carpet but we ran out of time running to take Camri some keys and a couple stops at some stores.
But....I was SO glad we ran/walked! It was an accomplishment! And we really felt good most of the way.
6.3 miles!!!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

You must just laugh when you read about me running 7 km. Big deal, eh?

LOL about the corn dog ; )

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...