Last Friday night a dear friend of mine, Susette, lost her son due to a hiking accident.
He was only 18.
He was only 18. Our family was so lucky to have stayed with them for a few days while we attended a wedding near their home, and then they stayed with us last summer.
We took the time to go hiking on the "B". We were suppose to plan a hike to Mt. Timpanogos last fall but we dropped the ball. (This is when we kick ourselves.)

Hiking was one of Porter's favorite things to do, next to music. He was a wonderful musician and loved it with all his heart. He was in a band and had just finished a song before his death.
When I got the word I was heart broken....for Porter, for Susette and her family and for me.
I bonded with this fellow from day one. What a character! I just love him. He is funny and had a quick whit. I enjoyed sending text messages back and forth.
When my granddaughters first heard his name, they thought we were calling him Quarter. So from then on, his nickname for our family was Quarter. Every time Cortney called him Quarter, he told her she should call him Puddin'.
I cannot imagine what their family is going through. Susette said a parent should never have to bury their child.
I have another friend, Audrey, that has said the same thing. Audrey went through the same thing a fews years ago herself.
Porter/Quarter/Puddin', we will truly miss you!
You have left the world for a better place and you left the world a better place. May we all follow your example of love for life and strive to be as happy as you always seemed to be.
Love your guts!!

7 comments:
Thank you so much for this beautiful post! Love and Hugs my friend!
This is so sad, I am so sad for Suzette and her family (and you). What a great guy, what a great loss.
Oh Jody~
I am so sorry. It always breaks my heart to hear when someone dies so young. God bless you and his family as well.
Jody,
What a beautiful tribute. This just breaks my heart. Sending prayers and to his family and friends.
~Diane
What a beautiful post. I am so sorry for your loss!
Jody, as you know, losing a loved one is possibly one of the greatest trials we face in mortal mode. I am sure you will be source of great comfort to your friend during this difficult time. And as others have stated, the tribute you paid Porter is beautiful.
I am so sorry! What a heart breaking experience for your friend. You are really so full of compassion Jody. Only time can heal such a deep wound. Suzette and her family will be in our Prayers!
Post a Comment