Wednesday, October 15, 2008

REBA & KELLY

What a fun treat to win after a LONG weekend. Wednesday as I was stalking perusing through blogs, I came across across a wonderful post. My wonderful new bloggy friend Jodi mentioned that her hubby won tickets to the Reba & Kelly concert on Friday, October 10. They were going to be going out of town so she was offering it to anyone that could use them. Well guess who DID NOT hesitate this time? Me, me, me.
We met up in Salt Lake where Doran and I were having lunch with Kim & Diana (Doran's brother from AZ), and Terry & Betty. I traded her for a box of my FAVORITE candy. Nut balls from Idle Isle. It was so fun to meet her. I wish we would have had a little more time but they were on their way to Yellowstone and we had to leave for the concert.
(Let me suck in before you take the picture)


And this is her whole Fam Damily. It was fun to meet you all! Can't wait to see you again!

Uh huh. Ya ya. It's my birthday. (ok not really)

Notice the flag in the middle of the stage.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Can you see us now?

It was so cool. Before they started the concert, these 14 people were sworn in to the Air Force! Way to go!!!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!

'Barbara Jean' from the Reba show started us off. She was funny! My girls would have loved this. So sorry I didn't sacrifice the tickets girls.

Reba & Kelly are so different from each other. Kind of reminded me of "I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock-n-roll." (Osmond's) But when they combined their tastes of music......IT WAS FABULOUS!!! They had no problem sharing the stage, whether they were singing together or separate.

Barbara Jean 'surprised' Reba by attending her concert. She was so funny. She wanted to sing with Reba but Reba told her no, but she could watch from a stool. She didn't sit on it long. She kept joining and running back to her stool. Barbara Jean also had a shirt on that was a picture of Kelly's face. She would scrunch the shirt up in different ways by bending her body. "Look, I'm Kelly and I'm mad". Then she would bend over to scrunch up the whole face. It was ffuuunnny!!

The finale. They ran off the stage before, changed shirts and came up through the floor where they are standing in this picture.

It was a great date night. Thank you so much Jodi!!!

13 comments:

Kaci said...

Oh I'm so jealous! What a great concert!

Came over from Merrianne's blog.
Have a nice day!
XOXO

Redhoodoos said...

NOOOOOO! Burn them - Delete the pictures now!! My kids were mad at me because I forgot to tell them that they were meeting my blog friend and we were taking pictures. {MOM!!!} hee hee

So glad you had fun at the concert. It looks like it was a blast. Glad I was able to meet you - it was too fun. But yes, much too short. But maybe dinner this Saturday, right?

Redhoodoos said...

And those chocolates.....HOLY YUM! Those were absolutely delicious!

Chelsea said...

Jason and I saw Reba in concert 8 years ago. She is a great entertainer! It's ok that you didn't take me :( I'll live.
I'm glad you and Dad had a fun time!

Audrey said...

I am too jealous! Next time take me, kay?

Amy said...

How fun!:)

Did Reba sing "Fancy?" I love that one.;)

Sounds like your blogger friend Jodi is a real keeper!:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! THAT LOOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! YOU ARE SO PRETTY, TOO!!!!! WHY DO ALL GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO PRETTY PEOPLE!?!?!?!

Kelli said...

that is JUST what the doctor ordered. A night out and so much fun. Lucky you!

Kelli said...

BTW, you look GREAT

Nancy Face said...

WOW! What a blast it must have been! I am so excited for you! :D

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Fun night!!

Yvonne said...

That must have been so great--I enjoy Reba so much (not a big Kelly fan (not AI either ; ) But I think I still would have enjoyed the show.

Shauna said...

That looks like so-ooo much fun!!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...