Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun Filled Saturday

Every day is fun filled when Doran and I get to spend it together!!!
First thing in the morning Doran went to the gym while I went running with Audrey. It was a beautiful morning to run!!! Then we went to breakfast and ran a couple of errands. We got ready and headed south. First we stopped off at Jake's (my friend Joni's son) soccer game. We only got to watch the first half but it was fun to watch.
Then we met up with Jodi, Todd and Elona for dinner. Jodi told us about a yummy Mexican restaurant called......
Well Doran and I love Mexican so we were looking forward to it. When they seated us we decided to scope out the buffet. Wrong idea. There was food over there that made me squirm. Ick, ick, yuck, yuck. We ordered off the menu. (So I couldn't see what they put in my food). The food (off the menu) was really good. I walked out of there feeling like a bloated tick. And the company was fun!! Hope we can do that again.

Then we continued on our way over to a baby shower just down the road. Our niece Valerie had a baby last Friday. They named her Danika. Pronounced...Dan i ka. So cute huh.

Mommy and baby.
What a cute mommy.Grandma Diana, mommy and baby.And look at this food. I should have realized if Betty, Angie and Diana were in charge we would be well fed. I was too stuffed to enjoy most of this.Betty and Diana hard at work. I just look like I am helping. Ya right, with a camera in my hand? Thanks to Angie for sending me most of these pictures. Isn't this so cute???Does Danika looked bored?Betty and Angie are so talented. Each of us received one of these bags. They were filled with a cute poem and a little buggy attached. A little bottle and that has candy in it and some taffy. What amazing ladies!!Diana gave Valerie the cute pink photo album. She started her off with pictures that she has taken since she has been up here visiting. Hospital pictures etc. What a nice mom.Here is Diana, proud as a peacock.Say cheeseBetty and meWhat a cute grandma!! Poopin scoopin'
Angie and her mom, Betty (Miss Talent)
Proud parents. Mike, Valerie and baby Danika.The 'Guess what the melted candy bar in the diaper is' game. YUCK. I don't know that I will ever eat another candy bar. Some of the men joined us. Doran and his brother, Grandpa Kim went to Sportsman's Warehouse during the party, so they missed out.Good luck Mike and Valerie. Danika is such a cutie.
Proud grandparents. Kim and Diana.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Those little fingers and toes...I think I'm ovulating now!;)

What a blessing to have a new baby in the family. So sweet!

God Bless,
Amy:)

Kelli said...

when they are that little they just snuggle so nice and are so soft. I wanna baby. WAIT no I dont. I need sleep. looks like fun. YOU Look great.

Anonymous said...

aawwww!!! she is beautiful! i love all of the pictures! what a fabulous party!!!! look at all that FOOD!!!!

Nancy Face said...

A bloated tick? HAHAHA! :D

Danika is so cute, and the shower looks AMAZING...such fun! :)

Judi said...

Hi Jody, I am new to you and just stumbled upon your blog!
I love it and will back on a regular basis! What cought my attention was the name of yur private blog! I say that to my kids ALL the time, so I just knew you had to be cool!! Happy to get know you :0)

Jen said...

What a fun weekend! Good food, a party, and a cute baby! What more could you ask for!

Shauna said...

How precious! So adorable :)

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...