April 10, 1989 - October 5, 2008
19 years old or 123 according to the vet.
While shopping one day, Doran and I saw a kitten in the parking lot of the mall. We saw it run under some cars and watched it run right behind the front tire of a lady backing out. We yelled at her to stop. She had pinned the kitten just enough to trap her but not hurt her. We got a hold of her while she pulled forward. No one knew what to do so we decided to take her to the humane society. Well we got in the car and that was it. I was smitten. I talked Doran in to taking her home as an early birthday present for Cortney. She was SO cute!!! And I the girls were thrilled. We named her Lucky because she was lucky her life was spared.
We have had a lot of good times with Lucky. And she has always been such a good cat. She was a small cat and never whiny.

.jpg)
Then comes the day when all the kids have moved out. No one could take Lucky with them so she stayed with Doran and I.
The older she got, the more she just liked to play with JUST the family. When others came over, especially the grand kids, Lucky would go hide.
This past year she has been suffering with sinus infections/colds.
Every time we would go on vacation I would also tell Chelsea if Lucky was to die to bury her and not tell me until we got home.
Bananie and Cookie always like to maul hold Lucky. They sure loved her.
Doran and I were camping over conference weekend and didn't have phone reception. Camri had sent me a text at midnight on Saturday saying that Lucky was really sick. We didn't get the message until on our way home Sunday. When we got home I found Lucky lying pretty still in the front room. I told Doran to see if she was ok. He picked her up and cuddled her. She was cold and not doing very well but still breathing. We knew that she was going to die and couldn't decide to call the vet and have her put to sleep or just see what happened. I got a towel and wrapped her up and tried to get her warmer. I think she waited for us so we could say good-bye. We cuddled on the couch for about an hour until she died. Camri and I had a rough time. Doran was so good to bury her for us. Jason, Chelsea and the girls came over just after Doran buried her. The girls saw us just a crying and since then Bananie has been so sweet to mention us in her prayers. No wonder I have felt comfort. Thanks Bananie! I love you.
We will miss you Lucky!!!
.jpg)
5 comments:
I'm sad!
That breaks my heart, Jody. I love my cats and can only imagine how hard this is for you too. I'm sure you cherish all of your memories and are happy that you you had Lucky for such a long time.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jody. What a blessing you and your family were to Lucky, and what a blessing Lucky was to you, as well.
God Bless,
Amy
I don't think the cat was the only lucky one. So sorry, Jody. I'm glad she waited for you to come home. What would we do without those little kids and their faith?
Ohhhh that just makes me want to cry! She was such a wonderful cat, I can tell from all the stories and pictures and you must be so sad to lose her. I have two kitties and love them both to death and it breaks my heart to think of losing them someday.
Post a Comment