Sunday, October 12, 2008

Conference Weekend

Usually every October conference we try to go camping with my mom and Stan. We camp up Logan canyon just far enough to get conference on the radio.
This is Doran playing in the 'daddy mud'. That is what my grils called mud/dirt since they were puppies and help with the garden. Doran is actually replacing this whole mess before we can go camping. Good job Doran.

We finally got up to where they were camping in the afternoon. It rained and rained. And then it rained some more. Saturday morning we got up and headed in to town. We hit a couple of yard sales (we found a cute crib for Chelsea!!!) and then went to breakfast. After a couple of more stops we headed back and listened to conference. After conference it stopped raining for a couple of hours, just long enough to build a fire and roast some dinner. We had some fun critters camping with us.
Bananie would have LOVED this little guy.
We had put our chairs under tables and trailers but it rained so bad they still got soaked. Since I am so lazy and cannot stand forever I put table cloths upside down over our chairs and then topped them off with blankets. Wala!!! I'm so smart. I might be the next Instin, Entisn, Eyestein, smart guy. Making dinner.
On the way home we saw a coyote looking for dinner. He found something and started digging. He dug up some grub. A nice fat rat or mouse. Can you see him in the middle of the yellow field? We saw it better through binocs. You should have been there. We watched him chase and catch three critters before we continued on home. He was in competition with a hawk.
Here he is closer. Digging in the 'daddy dirt'.
We arrived home and parked the trailer and went in the house. I found Lucky, our cat, lying pretty still half way in the kitchen and front room not doing very well. See this post. After we buried her we had to get ready to go to Park City for my work meetings for two days. I had a hard time concentrating on meetings.
We went from rain, rain, rain, mud, mud, mud to this. AHHH

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I so love camping. BUT those hotel beds look like my kind of nighty night time!

Redhoodoos said...

Hey - we saw a coyote this weekend too! I"ll post it on my blog (hopefully tomorrow). It was great meeting you! You are so fun! Glad you had fun at the concert.

Anonymous said...

wow! ha ha!
your poor kitty... :(
she is in Kitty Heaven now ♥

i love the pictures of you & your sweetie pie!!!!
Don't you just love seeing your hubby Playin in the Mud!?!?!

Jodi said...

My idea of camping would be that last photo! lol So sorry about Lucky. What an adorable cat.

Hey, there is an award for you waiting on my blog!

Jen said...

That's quite the contrast in sleeping arrangements! And I love that cute little caterpillar!

The Hoyt Family said...

I have so missed camping this year..so sorry to hear about Lucky.. They are almost like your kids. I bawl for days every time I loose a pet.. Hey looks like I gave you the same award as Jodi did.. guess that must mean you are Loved and have an awesome blog....

Ashley said...

I love all the pictures! And that is truly the cutest caterpillar I've ever seen!!!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...