DAY THREE – Spiritual Day – “That He May Seal You His”
This day was a day to reflect on the importance of having faith and listening to the prophet and gaining a testimony. We visited a few historical buildings in town.
Are they paying attention?

After we roasted either in the sun or in the buildings, we had a picnic in the park.
This day was a day to reflect on the importance of having faith and listening to the prophet and gaining a testimony. We visited a few historical buildings in town.
Kandra and Bishop NoBawlin'
Amanda & Kandra
Time for games......a long line for the jump rope. They ran in and ran out counting as high as they could get before someone messed up.
Tug of War Time - girls against boys, wards against wards etc.
While others looked on....
After lunch, we finished our tour of buildings. We dropped kids off at home at 4:00 to clean up for dinner at 5:00.
We watched a slide show of some of the pictures that we all submitted, combined with music. It was fun, but not long enough.
We enjoyed a great dinner and then went to the Tabernacle for Testimonies. It was a great evening!
IT WAS A GREAT CONFERENCE!!
I have found out how having a small ward can be challenging. I have also found out how a small ward can be a great blessing.
I am so proud of our youth. I know how many of them have to sacrifice each week – especially the YW. They come to Sunday meetings and mutual not knowing if they will be the only young woman there that day and knowing that the leaders will out number them. But they come.
This year we only had two young women that were able to attend Youth Conference and both had to make some sacrifices to come. Of course sleeping in until 11:00 am was probably the hardest sacrifice.
Thomas and Amanda had a tough choice to make. They were having a family camping trip at Lava Hot Springs, which included extended family. I am sure that they would have had a blast. They decided to go to youth conference. I know Amanda missed her mom tons. NOW, this is when the small ward takes affect. I was able to show my love and support to both Amanda & Kandra. I just love these girls. And we missed the rest of the young women. They all have a piece of my heart. I can’t wait until girl’s camp…….OR can I????
If you haven’t figured out by now that the YM in our ward are spectacular! As long as Doran and I are serving with the youth – the YM will be MY boys too.
I hope they will ALWAYS have a desire to honor the priesthood which they hold. In my opinion, this will be the most important thing they can do for themselves and their families! You have heard me say many times how I grew up without the priesthood in my home or even knowing what it was. NOW, it is such a vital, important blessing in my home. And I am grateful for an honorable priesthood holder in my family.
I pray we can all help on another BE STEADFAST & IMMOVABLE, ALWAYS ABOUNDING IN GOOD WORKS – THAT HE MAY SEAL YOU HIS.
I know this church is true and the principles and programs are for our benefit. May we ever strive to be better each day and help each other along the way. I know our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. I am grateful for the sacrifice that our Savior made for us.
NEVER LET THE LEGACY DIE
2 comments:
I really liked reading these posts! I did a handcart trek when I was 14 with my stake youth conference too, and I loved it! Ours was a lot the same and I remembered it so vividly while I read about yours. Ours was two whole days though, and we camped in tents. I hope someday I can be a youth leader and get to participate in those wonderful youth conferences again! They are SO testimony-building!
Sounds like such a wonderful Youth Conference.
Our youth always have touch choices to make, don't they. You and your hubby sound like wonderful youth leaders.
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony and for being such a wonderful example to all of us.
Post a Comment