Ok.....here is my report on Youth Conference. I had a hard time deciding which pictures to use but these are some of my favorite. And the beginning will be my talk I had got to give in Sacrament yesterday, along with five youth, and Doran ended with his talk. I am SO grateful that Doran and I are in these callings together. It is so much fun to be with him. I hope you don't get bored because we sure weren't.
Our theme this year is found in Mosiah 5:15. “Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to Heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life."
Youth Conference planning was to meet the requirements of this scripture.
The youth will go more into depth on the activities that we participated in. (For the blog I will insert the activities) I just want to share with you a few things that touched me. It is not new news to anyone and we have all heard it before.
Youth Conference planning was to meet the requirements of this scripture.
The youth will go more into depth on the activities that we participated in. (For the blog I will insert the activities) I just want to share with you a few things that touched me. It is not new news to anyone and we have all heard it before.
DAY ONE – Service Day – “Always Abounding In Good Works”
This day was about giving service. Some of it was kind of fun. Some of it was not so fun. But the reward at the end was great. We all need to remember that service work – or “Good Work” isn’t always fun and sometimes not always convenient. But I don’t think there are very many of us that would think that any service work we have done was a waste of time. We will either see our reward immediately in the faces of those we serve or sometimes no one will know what we have done – but we will feel the reward in our hearts.
This day was about giving service. Some of it was kind of fun. Some of it was not so fun. But the reward at the end was great. We all need to remember that service work – or “Good Work” isn’t always fun and sometimes not always convenient. But I don’t think there are very many of us that would think that any service work we have done was a waste of time. We will either see our reward immediately in the faces of those we serve or sometimes no one will know what we have done – but we will feel the reward in our hearts.
We all gathered at the church and had breakfast and then divided into several groups.
Not necessarily staying with our own ward. Then we went on a scavenger hunt for the food pantry and a few other organizations to help restock supplies. We were then given different service projects in the stake. Our group did this......The fence surrounded the whole back yard.
Before...
After...
Then of course we had to have some fun at lunch. And this kid can eat!! Alma was actually in another group staining a fence and deck. Can ya tell?
My Priesthood holder and me.
Taylor doing whirlies coming down.
1 comment:
What a fun day--the fence looks great.
I've never seen a homemade waterslide--that would be such a fun thing to have. Great pictures.
Post a Comment