Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sunday Visit

It has been really nice having grandma a lot closer. We are able to go see her everday. I usually try to spend lunch with her now. Sometimes I have to wait until after work. This past Sunday Doran and I decided to take the guitar and go sing her some songs. Sarah went with us too. We were able to go in a visiting room so we didn't wake her roommate. I have said many times before how I LOVE to hear Doran sing. Just melts my heart. Grandma was a little tired but she clapped at the end of every song. Doran sang a couple by himself and then we sang a couple together. This is actually 'my' guitar now. We bought him a new one last year so we could play together. One of these days we will practice like are suppose to and play without our book of music..... Or not. I think grandma enjoyed it. I know that other people did too. Not that we were way good, just a change for them I guess, because they kept coming in the room. We then went out to visit my dad.

The kids followed us out there. Bananie and Cookie found a puppy and some kitties to play with.
And Doran tried to get a suntan. I really don't think he will be ready for the beach by getting rays this way, do you?
That evening we had a 'dinner' with everyone. Mom got into a coughing fit a church so she ended up staying home.

Sis. No Bawlin made a chocolate cream pie that didn't set up but she let the kids try it anyway. Can you guess whether Cookie liked it or not?
Another great day, except for our sickies. Get better!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

oh, that cookie face. I love it. Looks like a very nice day. Great sunday activities. Family is wonderful

Tina said...

How awesome that you're spending so much time with grandma these days!!

Mmmm...pie...set or not...mmmm!!

Chelsea said...

At least Dad won’t get a sunburn on his legs if he stays out too long.

Anonymous said...

I bet Grandma loved that!! I think I would like that pie even if it didn't set --it's chocolate MMMMMM!

Love the pictures on your post before -- the hat is too funny!

Yvonne said...

I bet your grandma loved it so much. Not just the singing but the visiting. That's such an important thing to do.

Loved the picture of the cookie face.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...