Monday after work I waited and waited for Doran to get home from the gym so he could go running with me. (I like him to go to the gym first so he will be a little tired and won't clean my plow as bad. It doesn't work.) Finally at 6:05 I left. I wrote on the board (because he wasn't answering his phone), 'Same route. Come and catch up to me. (because I knew he could, no matter what time he left) Left at 6:05'. Well sure enough he did catch up to me about 3/4 the way. He left about 10 minutes after me. And he still did a couple of run aheads and come back and get me. What a swell guy. I finished the 4.5 mile route in 50 min. 29 sec. That is 9 sec longer than Saturday. Oh well, who is counting seconds when your a turtle. But hey!!! I did it. And I could actually walk on Tuesday. Sunday I had a hard time after Saturdays run and work.
Tuesday I was going to run with some friends but they ended up not able to go.....so I caught up on laundry and watched American Idol. Then tried to catch up on my scripture reading. AND I made dinner.
Wednesday I went to the gym after work. I did my 4.5 miles on the treadmill. That is so much harder. Why? Because when I am on the treadmill I can quit anytime I want. When I am running outside......I have to get myself home no matter where I get tired. I finished in 48 min. I can't decide if that is because I had no uphills, but then again I had no downhills (my fav). My brother said that treadmills are hard. That is coming from an outside runner. What do you think? And why am I putting ON weight? My bulging calf muscles?
We had mutual at my house last night. I had to hurry and shower to be less offending to the girls. But I left my hair looking like a wet mop. Eh heh. Good thing I pay the girls to love me. On Sunday the lesson was on Our Legacy. So last night they brought the movie Legacy to watch. It is such a good film. If you haven't had a chance to watch it. I recommend you make the time. No pictures of our root beer floats and caramel puff treats, but you could imagine.
9 comments:
Sounds like a busy week for you!! I need to work out more often. I did do Pilates today... and I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow... does that count? :)
Crazy week!
You know. I used to use the treadmill and I have recently retired it. I got an elyptical instead-- and I LOVE it! It's amazing. It's tiring, yes, but I really feel like I've burned those calories in the end!
Since my elliptical died, I'll have to run more...I wouldn't mind being able to run as much as you do, we'll see.
I did get a treadmill though...I'll have to post that soon!
I could watch legacy over and over. I love that movie. Great running!
♥ I'd be doing the same thing! Have my hubby get worn out just enogh that I can keep up! :)
4.5 miles. You are my hero. I probably walk that in a week!!
Thanks for stopping by!
I hyperventilate at the thought of aerobics. I'd pass out for sure if I tried to run! Good for you.
Sounds like a busy week! And I completely agree that treadmills are harder. I'm been forced onto it all winter and running outside seems so much easier! I love the downhills! Fun seeing you today and I was serious about running with you anytime! Oh and the french fry thing...I was serious about that too!
Thanks for the comment. It's so nice to put a name with the face. We've heard such great things about you- We can't wait to meet you!
Post a Comment