Monday I was dizzy (lightheaded) all day. I didn't want to drive because the road kept moving on me. After work I sat and vegged for a while. I was actually waiting for Doran to get done at the gym......after his 6 or so mile run. Then when he got home I made him go running with me outside. We got about 2 miles into the run/walk and I about died. It seemed like anything above my eyes didn't exist. I was NOT feeling good. We decided to start heading home. The closer we got to the straight cut for home we added another block, and then another. I kept trying to WORK through it. By time we got home we finished 4.1 miles. I was going to go to the store to get some stuff to make BarBCups but I was too tired. So I scrounged and used what I had at home.
This post is for Raigon. I told her that next time I cooked something I would take a picture like The Pioneer Woman. If you have not visited here, you should. However, my pictures won't look as wonderful. I really need a new kitchen and new cookware. Maybe I will take up some donations. Anyway.........Doran helped me tons because I just didn't feel well. He's such a good doobie!!
This is what I found.....biscuits, frozen hamb., half a bottle of BBQ sauce, part of a block of cheese, (Doran grated it for me) and some brown sugar. And I forgot to put the minced onions in the picture. Or you can use a chopped onion.
Doran fried the meat with the onions (there was about 1.5 lbs. of meat and about as much onions as you like), then we added BBQ sauce and brown sugar. How much??? Well... till it tasted good? I really need to learn to follow a recipe. This batch was about half a bottle and about two spoonfulls of sugar. (I usually make at least twice as much. They are good for leftovers and freeze well). I sprayed my pan until the spray spit. (I think it is about out)
Then I stretched my biscuts and put them in the pan. Don't worry if the dough doesn't cover the whole thing......they will cook up.
Then I added the meat mixture.
Then top it with cheese. Remember the biscut will cook up and the cheese will melt making a cup.

How long do you cook it? Well I cooked it on 375 until they looked like this.

And wala........see the side......your kids will love them!!

Doran's mother taught me how to make these years ago and it has been one of our family favorites!!! And also notice...........it is all FAT FREE!!! Just keep telling yourself that.
4 comments:
Jody, You are AWESOME!!!!!!! LOL
Thanks a bunch. I made the taco ring last night. It wasnt as pretty as yours i screwed up on the inner layers i think but it still was good. The dought in the center and bottom was still gooey and the top and edges were nice and brown but other then that it was great. My kids are so picky!!! They complained the whole time but they ate it.. I will have to try these cups sounds yummy!!!! Hope your feeling better..
Yes, I must say this looked just like the Pioneer Woman's!!! OR BETTER! I can not believe I didn't get invited to eat with you! :( Looks so yummy! Hey have you tried her (PW) Lasagna btw? I was going to tom but was wondering if it really is as good as everyone says.
Mmm..I'll have to try this out! Looks yummy! :)
have you seen that bisquet cooker on infomercials? well it makes something likethis but sealed. So I tried it the same way you did but for breakfast. rolls down first, then canadian bacon, poured beaten egg in, then grated cheese, it was so yummy and easy. I think I want to buy a jumbo muffin cup though, so we have REAL american serving sizes hehe.
Post a Comment