We had a fun and busy weekend.
It started with a date to Melina's. We didn't really want to go out of town and the restaurants are limited in town. We wanted something different. Maybe next time.
It started with a date to Melina's. We didn't really want to go out of town and the restaurants are limited in town. We wanted something different. Maybe next time.
Saturday morning I was going to run with a couple of friends but they were both unable to go so......Doran felt bad for me so he went with me instead of going to the gym. We ended up running 4.5 miles. Let me rephrase that......I ended up running/walking 4.5 miles. Doran was so good. He would run with me then when I started walking he would go on ahead and then come back and get me. Seems like every time I slowed down to walk my calves would tighten up. I tried not to let myself rest more than two houses. When we got to the turn around point Doran tried to get me to go one more block until we started back. Ha ha. I was already dying. For 12 blocks it was already uphill and into the wind. I told him to go on ahead because I knew he would catch up with me. So for five blocks I ran alone on the sidewalk, but I saw him every time we hit an intersection. I do not like the sidewalk. Three reasons. 1 - too many uneven cracks 2 - too hard 3 - too many potato bugs I was trying not to step on. I know, I know. I'm a dork.
Well Doran caught up to me when we started the downhill run. I knew he would. I was able to keep up with him most of the way on the downhill. Did I mention I love downhill? I really had to push myself the last four blocks. (that part was NOT downhill) Then when I looked at my watch I wanted to finish right at 50 minutes. I didn't make it. I was 20 seconds late. But hey, I did it.
I know this run may sound silly and insignificant to most of you but to me it was another big deal. I have no idea how marathoners do their thing. I am so proud of Jen for running the Salt Lake marathon on Saturday. What a great accomplishment! I don't think I could ever do something like that. But I would like to run my whole route without walking. If you know me.....I am doing good to just get off my tush. Do ya think I can get to that point?
I showered and went to work for a few hours. We had a computer tech to come and fix the puters there. Thanks to Kim's tech referral, the computers were up and running in no time.
Thanks Kim.
We then pulled out a tree/shrub at our house, well Doran will dig the stump out so we don't break sprinkler lines, then went to Chelsea's and pulled one out for them too.
Now you see em.......
now you don't. 
We then took them to the green waste and dumped that off and got some compost to bring back. It was a little windy while pulling the bushes out and the dirt and pollen was a flyin'. The wind at the green waste was really blowing!! Then I HAD to mow the lawn while Doran shoveled the dodo on the garden. We still have a half of trailer full, but we quit to get cleaned up for a barbecue and Chelsea's house.
The night ended with the Jazz playing in the playoffs. (They won). I was too tired to watch so I visited with Cortney on the phone with my eyes closed. Can you say allergies? I went to church with my eyes watering. But I am glad that it has stopped snowing. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
2 comments:
Jody, you're awesome! Anyone who ran in that wind deserves a prize! And everyone starts out walk running! I know I did! Walk a block, run a block. And I love the downhill too! I saw you running yesterday and it looked cold! Thanks for your encouraging words! They meant a lot considering how bad I was feeling! Have a good one and keep it up!
Yes you do need to catch up on the Office. Tyson and I will try to help you out with that! Good job on the run and pulling out all the trees! We did that too this weekend, We saw you guys working out in your yard as we drove to the green dump! Maybe we will see ya there next Sat!
Post a Comment