Monday, April 14, 2008

Nostalgia Party

Friday night we went to our ward Nostalgia Party. It was a lot of fun. Over the last couple of weeks they gathered graduation pictures or there abouts. They made a video without names and we had to guess who they were. Then it ran through the video again and this time it had names on them. Can you say SHOCKER? That was way fun to see the pictures. Some were way back and some were so obvious because the were fairly recent. We didn't plan on being here that weekend so Doran and I didn't send in our pictures. Good thing because I don't have any pictures of me that I don't look like the biggest DORK on planet earth. It's a good thing Doran was blind about the same time he met me.
Here is a picture of the Activities Committe Chaircouple. Bro and Sis Gibby. They always pull off a great party.

There were records, 8-tracks, and all kinds of music there dating from um.....about 40's to current. The display was great! And you could actually pick some music and go take it to our real DJ. He had the means to play anything there. He happened to be Sis Gibby's brother.
I only took a few pictures of 'OUR' graduation era.

There were refreshments galore! Here is the soda/ice cream fountain. Bro Spencer and Bro Olsen helped make the malts, shakes, drinks, whatever you wanted.

There was another couple of tables full of chips, salsa, dip, vegies, popcorn, yada, yada. It was Yummiful!
Here is Bro & Sis "No Bawlin'". AKA the Bishop and his sweetheart Dixie. Why the name No Bawlin'? We'll since I know some of you know the story but some of you don't......here it is.... Years ago when the kids were still small, there was one little girl (name withheld) that seemed to always be bawling. And while doing this outdoors, why of course the neighbors (see following picture) would hear her and yell up to her
HEY!!! NO BAWLIN!! So from then on they were referred to as........

The following video is not very good. But even so, I know that Brad & Mel (aka, No Bawlin' Jr.) would appreciate it. The lights were down low and the only ones dancing. If you listen to the song playing in the background it is talking about a White Sport Coat. What a fun party!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun grandparents I have!! I love being apart of the "NO BAWLIN'" generation!

Mel said...

I love it! Some new material to give the Sr. No Bawlin's major grief about! They're good sports, aren't they?!

Jodi said...

What a fun party! Can we borrow your activity chairmen? FUN! It is always good to have more juicy stuff on Bish Clive! AKA Bro. No Bawlin' Cant wait to hit him with that one next time I see him! He cracks me up prob more than anyone else on the planet!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...