Doran has been working with the young men in the ward for just over two years now. (Since our wards were split and we started attending our new ward) He has been president for almost two years. He has always hesitated to work in the scouting/young men program. Why? Maybe because he wasn't such a big scouter when he was younger. But he is fantastic. He is so good with the youth. I know that they respect him as much as he loves and respects them.
Two of the young men are leaving on their missions, one this week, one next. They asked Doran to speak with them in Sacrament. He did a wonderful job, as always. He is such a great speaker. I just sit in awe how he can speak with no notes. As he was speaking, I was drooling in the audience all by myself, well since there were two missionaries leaving it was quite crowded (for our ward). Anyway.......I love to hear him speak and I am also ALWAYS praying that people don't think that I can even come close to what he can do, so they won't ask me to do anything. Ya know, the theory where when someone can excel in one area and pull the other one along. Ya, well that is us. If I can get to heaven by hanging on to his coat tail.........I'm there. I love this Scriptural Giant of a man!!!
This is Lyle. He is going to Finland. I can't tell you how much he means to Doran. If we could have had a son........

This is Vinnie. He is going to Brazil. He is another outstanding young man.
I just love the Priesthood and those who hold and honor this calling. Makes me want to do the happy dance!!
1 comment:
I love Vinnie. He was Tyson's friend. And I do agree with you...Doran can really give a great talk! He is amazing! But you don't give yourself enough credit...you are good yourself!
Post a Comment