Friday, April 18, 2008

Drivin' Along in My Automobile.......la la la

Yesterday I attended an Administrative Professional Conference. Sounds good eh? I had a fantabulous day!
The Story..........Doran has always told me not to worry while driving through a flock of birds.....ok maybe just a few birds flying by.....because they will get out of the way. I have proved him WRONG a couple of times when I have hit Baby Birds mother. Oh the guilt. (Cats and dogs are worse). Over the years I have gotten better. I do not swerve anymore and I don't close my eyes.....all the way. I just hold on tight and say a prayer. Well..........yesterday on my way to my conference something happened. It was a sad, sad day. I was driving along enjoying my new 'book on CD' when all of a sudden.........one of these flew out in front of me.
Look what it did to to my right eye. Rude bird. Next time I'll have my gun ready. Sheesh. And here we pat ourselves on the back because our vehicle still looks pretty good after all these years. (Well not VERY many years)
But you would be proud of me. I didn't swerve, I didn't close my eyes. All I could think was........MOVE OVER! I OWN THIS ROAD!!! All I saw was feathers in my mirror. I don't even know where the bird went. I thought maybe it took up residency in my light. I didn't even look at the damage until after the conference. I sent a message to Doran saying that the grill was a gonner. I was just teasing............see what I get. My next vehicle???
A HUMMER!!
Face it girls, I'm older and I have more insurance. (From Fried Green Tomatoes)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Wow...I didn't know a bird could so such damage, a deer maybe, but wow!

Melissa said...

Ouch!! Never fun to have damage to the car :S

Jen said...

Oh man! I can just see those feathers a flyin'! You sure showed that bird! Now if they only had insurance to pay for your vehicle!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...