Monday, March 24, 2008

Where to begin???

Grab some popcorn and kick up your heels for this reading.
We had a wonderful weekend. Cortney came home with Tanner so we can meet our future out-law in-law. We had a good time. We didn't get the things accomplished that I would have like to get done but we replaced it with good fun and visiting.
They arrived Thursday morning after driving all night. They stopped by at my work on the way in to town. (with much coaxing). Tanner then bought us breakfast/lunch at Bert's. Thanks Tanner!

After dad got home from work we took them to Ricardo's for dinner. Chelsea & Jason and the girls went too. We got out of there with only one spill (I think).

Friday was a SLOW morning. I think Tanner & Cortney had 'car lag' from driving all night Wednesday night. I took the day off and Doran came home early. We then headed to get ideas for the open house. (What a process when you have someone that doesn't like or can't make decisions.) After that ordeal, we ended up grabbing some nuggets at McDonald's (just to tie us over til dinner) and headed to Ogden. We visited Zurcher's and Michaels and FINALLY found the colors that Cortney likes best. Whew. Didn't get much OTHER planning done for up here, so we will see how it all turns out.
See how much indecisive fun we had.
Making plans for Arizona reception.

The handsome chauffeur.

You talkin' to me??
We met Grandpa & Grandma Jensen, Jason & Chelsea, Brianna & Cookie and Jason's parents at Maddox (The Lodge) for a yummy dinner. And no one spilled!!! Yeah!!
Saturday Cortney and I sat around in our jammies and messed up hair playing on the computers. Tanner got hungry enough that he fixed us ALL breakfast while dad was still at the gym and Cortney and I were still playing on the puters. He got home just in time to eat. (I'm a good hostess, don't ya think?) Tanner, my tummy is glad you felt comfortable enough at our house to make yourself at home. And you can make me food anytime!!!
Shower time!!! Not the water kind. We had a lot of fun and good food. And can you believe I didn't take a pic of the food? Thanks to all who made this a great shower!


The BRIDE TO BE

This is a picture of Cookie and Cami. Cami is a friend and she deserves the Cool Mom award! She was so good to be Cookies 'Sticker Book'. Come and get your award Cami.

SPILLED!!! We are blaming this one on Tanner. He needs to feel like he fits in with the family right? Then he makes Cookie clean it up. Ya know, if this would have been my kids years ago I probably would have got so mad. Now with the grand kids (I mean Tanner) we learn to DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. I don't think she got it all back in the container. (Don't worry, we threw what she didn't eat off the floor away)


Departure Time and way late in the day for a 12 hour ride.

See you in a couple of weeks!!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Looks like fun...they are an adorable couple! :)

When's the wedding??

Tanna said...

Looks like it was a success! I'm sorry I couldn't be there! He seems like a great guy! What did you all think...Is he a keeper?? They look so happy!

Jodi said...

He is a cutie! And he cooks! A keeper for SURE! Sorry I missed the shower...looks like it was really fun. Tell her congrats from me will ya?

Melissa said...

Sounds like a really great weekend! Sometimes it's best to just hang out and not accomplish too much :)

Camilla said...

That shower was so fun! Thanks for the "cool mom" award! My mom and I really would love the chicken salad recipe-we can't stop thinking about it! I'm excited for Courtney-she will be a darling wife!

Unknown said...

How fun! Court looks happy!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...