NOW....sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of the second day.......
Of agilators. (alligators) along the road.
The sandy beach, galore.
More fried pickles, and an air boat ride,
The Sunset That We Saw.......
There is a road I will call Agilator Road because I can't remember the real name. I couldn't believe these things are all along the road. Just basking in the sun. I asked someone if they tried to cross the road much and get hit. They said it happens but not very often. Can you imagine running over this? Do you think it would be as bad as hitting a skunk? Hmmm. I don't want to do either. I had tons of pictures that I'm sure some of you would love to see (Jason), but I thought I would just show a few.
I told Doran this guy was dead because he wasn't moving and his front 'paw' was turned under. Then on closer inspection we saw that he had three beer cans next to him. Hmm. We determined that it MUST be a hangover.
We saw beautiful birds.
And more agilators.



I can't believe how BIG these guys are. And to think....Doran wouldn't let us ride any. Sheesh. What a vacation.

Our next stop.....THE BEACH. With real water, sand and everything!! I wish I would have wore sandals and Capri's to walk in the water. But I am not use to this. I am from cold country. Maybe tomorrow.


And on a real live beach we saw real live castles.
Both castles were abandoned. I didn't think to check to see if they were for sale.
OH MY HE MAN!!!!
I love you THIIIISSS much!
After our jont on the beach we headed back toward the hotel. We stopped at this place to have a bite to eat. AND guess what I ordered.....yep, Fried Pickles. Yum. The sauce was better here, but the pickles were better at Durango's. The girls had SHORT, shorts. Good thing they looked like they were still in 7th grade.
Then of course we have to stop and try out this ice cream place. Deeelish!! Hey! I just remembered.....Doran said he would take me back and try some of the other flavors I was having a hard time choosing from. He NEVER did.
READY for this.......This is umm......I forget his name. But he must be important. It was someones pet at the Air boat Ride place.
SAY CHEESE. He thought I came down for a kiss, so I had to hurry and snap this before he reached me. Whew!
And this here is a baby agilator. They will keep him until he is too big (about 7 feet) for the tank they have him in and then trade him for another baby. They have agilator farms all around. Can you believe that?
We got to hold him. FIRST they put a rubber band around his mouth so he wouldn't 'kiss' anyone.
Did I hold him? Yes. Ick! He even called me momma! He felt like a......like a ......baby agilator.
I can't believe how BIG these guys are. And to think....Doran wouldn't let us ride any. Sheesh. What a vacation.
Our next stop.....THE BEACH. With real water, sand and everything!! I wish I would have wore sandals and Capri's to walk in the water. But I am not use to this. I am from cold country. Maybe tomorrow.


READY for this.......This is umm......I forget his name. But he must be important. It was someones pet at the Air boat Ride place.They were pretty much done for the day but they said they would take us out. And hope that we don't lose daylight because it isn't wise to be out there in the dark.
So..........Here we go.........
What a thrilling ride. We went over water. We went over dry land. I LOVED this ride!!!
I swore I would NEVER, EVER, EVER go to a nudest beach. Well, here I am. Don't tell my mom OR my bishop.
They are use to the air boats and don't mind them, but they do not like the other boats or the jet skis.
When we were entering this area, the first thing I thought was Bayou. It was so cool. If this is NOT what a Bayou looks like well then it should.
Isn't this beautiful?!! If you look at the base of the trees where the dark part is, that is where the water levels use to be. The last few years the water has been going so low. The green is just starting to come in too. They are praying for rain. For the water and for the foliage.




NOW.....THIS guy.....Our guide drove us right up to Mr. Ali. He parked us right into the bank and shut off the engine. He told us before we left, If we get close to one to not make any sudden moves or talk real loud. Doran was closer and he didn't move a muscle. I forgot he told us that so I moved. Eh heh. But then I remembered. I guess these guys can't actually see us in the daylight. Just shadows and such. I thought he wanted a ride but Doran said he couldn't have one. No ZOOM on this picture folks.
Look, he even smiled for this picture.
If you look close above the yellow spot on the ground you can see the moon. So cool. We were going so fast. I should have had him stop. He would have. What was I thinking?
And this my friends was the last turn before we made it home. What a great adventure. I would definitely do it again!!

You get both pictures. I couldn't decide.
All of a sudden another boat come zoomin' around the corner and scared the jeebees out of Mr. Ali. He ran down the bank and jumped in the water. Man, he was fast!!! We got wet with swamp water. Bleck. But we were glad he ran that way instead of in OUR boat.
In this case.....if you liked the Second Day tour, leave a comment. Until next time......
9 comments:
Um. . . Did you see any alligators while in Florida? Hahahaha. Okay, sorry. What I am fascinated with is the fact that you posted this at 3:52 pm. How did you do that when it's only 2:00 pm? You have some magic powers going on up North there.
Okay seriously now the pictures are so cool. I loved that bayou photo. Almost haunting looking. That's pretty eerie too about the water levels. I think we are doing pretty good in Utah now huh? What kind of bird was that? Did you know my son Jordan was a licensed falcon holder before he left on his mission?
oh p.s. I want ice cream. Haven't had any since the stupid gall bladder attack. sigh-I love ice cream.
Those are amazing pictures! I can't believe there are alligators like that galore! I'd freak! I loved your beach pictures too and how you wrote in the sand and took pics of that! What a fun idea. You are so awesome. Thanks for sharing all of these fun pics and stories. I felt like I was there with you!
I loved the tour - I grew up in swampy Louisiana and you just took me back (we visited gator farms often!)
You are going to hate me after you hear this but you should come get your son when he is done...There are Brusters Ice Cream places here. Once the weather starts warming up my husband has to stop everytime we come home from the temple.
I loved the tour too! You ROCK!!!
AMAZING! INCREDIBLE! Great pics!
I love the pictures. They are great. My family and I went to Florida last year and we saw some alligators but not near as many as you. What a great vacation. I love your blog and I will definitely be back.
wowza!!!!!!!!
spencer would love to see those pics of the alligators!! ha ha... actually he is SCARED to death of them things!!!
i love the pic of you two writing in the sand!!!!!!! gosh that is romantic!
you two are a dang cute couple. i am serious!
Wow, what a trip! And fried pickles are my favorite! You are such a brave girl to hold that cute little baby! And the beach... man I wish that weather was a little closer to here.
Post a Comment