Wednesday, January 30, 2008

NOTICE THE EXERCISE GOAL

OK. Chelsea said I had to post my uneventful day yesterday so here goes. Notice at the top of the page there is an "Exercise" ticker. After reading this I got inspired. I keep reading about other people and how they started weeks or months ago and their accomplishments. I keep thinking that could be me if I started. I just keep waiting for some miracle incentive. Well it is not gonna happen. I just need to DO IT. And by the way I will be tracking my progress over here.
My day started in bed. My pillow would not let go. Really. So I decided that it would be a good day to stay home and get caught up on stuff. I didn't get as much done as I wanted because Chelsea kept sending me messages on the puter. (The blaming game) I thought I would get the house clean, some breakfast burritos made, the laundry caught up and my taxes done. Ha ha. How about I got the taxes done. We worried whether we would have to pay this year or not. Whew! Safe for another year. Being Empty Nesters is great but man you can't claim children anymore and that hurts. Sort of.
I didn't want to do a "Weight Ticker" on the blog so I decided to do a "Exercise" one. So I stuck it on the very top. You know. A committment thing. Around lunch time I tried to find someone to make me go to the gym. No luck. So I waited for Doran to get home to go with him. This would put me pushing it close because we were to go Home Teaching at 4:30, go to the gym, then I would have to come home and shower fast and go Visiting Teaching at 6:30. Well our Home Teaching got cancelled so we went as soon as he got home. Notice on the ticker I gave myself one week to go 6 miles. (Remember I am just getting started, why set myself up to fail) Because I had that little extra time I made myself go as long as I could. I surprised myself. I made it 3.1 miles. Some day I may be able to go as long as Doran. There Chelsea. That's my Tuesday story. Oh and Doran and I did get the burritos made last night.

1 comment:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sounds like a great start. And I've known those days when the pillow refuses to let go of my head! ;-)
Path to Health

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...