Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The GYM

I am trying real hard (maybe not that hard) to talk myself into exercising. Doran buys me a gym pass for a whole year and I don't get my money's worth. He just paid another year and I need to do better. We haven't decided what we are doing for our anniversary this year but next year we decided to treat ourselves to a trip to Hawaii and hopefully a Hawaiian cruise also. Soooo.....that means I have one year to get in shape. I want to look decent in my yellow polka dot one piece swimsuit. ENCOURAGE ME!!

Doran's second home (K & H Fitness Quarter) has been going through some major changes. First of all they have new owners, Kim and Hollis. And then they are doing a major overhaul. They painted the whole place. When they first started the colors it gave me a headache. But as they continued it was looking better all the time. They are getting way close to being done with everything including new floors and carpet. Lookin' nice. They did 'out with the old and in with the new' including equipment. Some stuff they kept but some of the things they replaced. YEAH!! Here is what we played on Saturday. Doran and I ran together. It was pretty fun. Yes, I said fun and don't tell anyone I said that. Of course he can out-run, out-jump, out-just about anything me. We had a race about the last five minutes (ok maybe one minute) of our run time. Of course he won.Look at these new bikes (spinners). Do they look scarry to you? Well they do me because I have signed up for a 'Spin' class. See the things I get myself in to. Will I ever learn? I hope the instructors are gentle. She said the saddle sores get better after the first couple of weeks. Oh man. Am I going to have to carry a dougnut pillow with me everywhere. Now all I have to do is somehow make this work around YW Basketball practice and YW Activities. PRAY FOR ME!!!

While the Fitness Quarter is working on their rooms, we are working on our technique.

And that's our story.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Yea for you! It's always more fun when you have a partner, isn't it?

Chelsea said...

My Dad is so pretty!! LOL

Doran & Jody said...

You know that song....I'll go where you go anywhere....I'll do what you do la la la....I've said it before and I'll say it again. I can't wait for retirement. We love to be together and do whatever as long as were together. (Except maybe the gym EVERYDAY) I just can't get there yet.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...