Wednesday, January 23, 2008

FUNERAL Trip

Yesterday we drove to Idaho for my cousins funeral. She actually lived in Arkansas but she was buried next to her mom in Idaho. They both died at the age of 44. I wish we would have lived closer. It makes you remember how important families are. I was happy to hear that she decided that church was where she needed to be and so she had just received a calling to serve in the Primary I think. It is always to see the family again but not under these circumstances. It was way neat because her father is my fathers brother and her mother is my mothers sister. So the cousins are all the same. Not everyone was able to make it and we missed them.

Here are some of the sites that we saw driving up at 6:30 am. It was truly beautiful!!
The color was fantastic and the moon was so big and bright.


Just before we started up Emigration Canyon we saw a tree full of Turkeys.

This is just coming down from the canyon. The sun started peeking through. It was beautiful!!

Doran took this out his window. It made me think that the Heaven's were welcoming Dee.

I don't know what pictures would be appropriate. Besides most of the pictures turned out blurry. But here are a few. Dee's casket was beautiful next to the flowers and snow.

In case Sheila and Annete read this post, these are the flowers we got her. Lloyd & Theresa (Dee's brother)

Lloyd hates to get his picture taken so he was being a Turkey but and I caught this.

Mike (Dee's brother)

Mike and Peggy Grandma Snoopy

Stan and Mom

Aunt Rose and Aunt Mary

My cousin Lucy and her hubby Steve and youngest daughter Savannah

My cousin Ron and Claudia

Cousin Barbara & Kelly, Cousin Elbert Lee & Jody

My brother Jon and Cousin Ron

Cousin Wayne & Mike (I think these guys are more like brothers)

Cousin Lisa and her husband

There were more relatives but my camera didn't want to take anymore. I wish I would have got more pictures. Some of the family we may not see for many more years.

This is on our way home.

This little guy did not want his picture taken.

Moments like these we wish we had a high power camera.

Look what Doran bought me on our way home. My blogging camera. NEXT.....the high power one!!

This is the first picture with the new camera. (Kinda like the first $ for a new business)

1 comment:

Randi said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. That's so hard.
YOu pictures are beautiful, though.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...