Yesterday I went to a workshop called "Say It With Style". It was a really good workshop on communication, mostly with writing. I learned that I may never pass writing during this lifetime. I realize what a horrible communicator I am with writing and speaking. I almost decided to give up this blog thing but I am hoping that the readers (which may be family and few friends) will forgive my writing (not) skills. Oh, and thanks for reading. I know most of this is for me but it is kind of nice knowing someone else may like me enough to read about me and think that I am not so boring. Er well, maybe just even to keep up on me.
Anyway, she talked about four different ways of business writing. Good News Communication, Routine Communication, Bad News Communication and Persuasive/Sales Communications. Each one of these communication areas go into depth on how to be tactful and thoughtful of the reader's feelings, which I won't go into here but it is interesting. But she gave us a handout on things NOT to put into your letters. And DO NOT write while you are Angry. Oh and the commas and such?? Oh my. I hope you are not cringing when you read my Blog. I hope you can see this handout good.
No comments:
Post a Comment