On Sunday, October 4, Doran and I headed out to Bryce Canyon for my work meetings. We were able to hear all of General Conference except when we checked in to the hotel. Then watched the rest of TV. The weather was pretty bad until we hit about Bountiful and then it was pretty nice up or should I say down until about Scipio. Holy wind!!! I was glad we were not pulling the camp trailer. We might have toppled over.
Bryce Canyon is a beautiful place! It was a bit chilly while we were there but not quite cold enough to freeze the snot.
Monday morning I went to meetings. Doran went with me until lunch and then he went back to the room while his food settled and then he went running. He said he had a nice run. He wanted to take a trail that headed in to the trees a bit more but didn't know what kind of AmINals were in there so he just stayed on the road. Brrr....
Monday night we had our banquet. This time was a little different. Instead of nominations and awards we just went to Ebenezer's Bar & Grill with the Bar G Wrangler's. It was a bit like the Bar J Wrangler's but I would MUCH rather go see Bar J. Bar G did have some talent but just wasn't as funny or AS talented as Bar J. There was one girl in the Bar G band and she just wasn't smiling. I wanted to tell her to smile and have fun. Then they introduced the band members and come to find out she was ONLY 14. She was very talented. She played the violin and taught herself to play the guitar in ONE year. She had two guitars there and the violin. She played one of the guitars like a banjo. Now I realized WHY she wasn't smiling.....she was new to the stage performance. But she did a fantastic job!! That girl will go far with her talent.

This is what we got to see before we went inside. Once we got inside they had huge windows that you can see the deer walking past. Did I say it was gorgeous down there?

This is what we got to see before we went inside. Once we got inside they had huge windows that you can see the deer walking past. Did I say it was gorgeous down there?
4 comments:
Work meetings in Bryce Canyon?? That's pretty sweet. And your honey with you to boot!! (well, not literally)
You must have a pretty great job--what a wonderful place to go for meetings ; ) Did it feel like WORK????
Any job openings? lol...
Looks like so much fun! :)
~Diane
Sounds like a fun business trip! And it would make it more fun if it's paid for :). Looks like you had a great time. General Conference was WONDERFUL! I loved Elder Holland's talk. So passionate and inspiring.
Post a Comment