Monday, October 19, 2009

The Ghost Train

Friday night Grandma Annie and Grandpa Stan were taking the kids to the Ghost Train and asked Doran and I if we wanted to go along. Well sure! Camri was even able to come with us.
This is in the depot waiting to get on the train. Bananie is showing her scary look and Cookie is trying to ignore me. ALL ABOARD!!!
I was a little hesitant about getting on the back. You know what usually happens when you climb on the back of a "Ghost Train". But.....here we are!
Cookie, Bananie and Grandpa Doran
What IS she doing?
I love this picture. Grandma Annie, Grandpa Stan and Cookie.
The Ghost Train
We're ready.....
What is SHE doing?
That's better.
We saw some good friends on the train too. Chelsea use to go to school with Julie.
Regina and Julie and Julie's children. Sorry, don't know the names.
This is Bruce and Bonnie. They brought their kids to ride too. They started on the other side of the train but ended up snuggled next to them by time the ride was done. Doran works with Bruce. He thinks a lot of Bruce.
Our Conductor
Cookie is ready.......or is she?
Grandma and Bananie showing their scary faces.
Now grandpa is getting the hang of it.
On our way.....
spooky.....
Agh!!!!!
Enjoying it so far...
This is one of the guys that were trying to saw through the side of the train. EEKKK!!!
And this guy.......well he climbed aboard. I don't think he had a ticket. Notice Grandma is not sitting in her seat anymore. She is on the floor!!
Can you find Cookie? And Grandpa is protecting Bananie.
He walked on through the cab and got off and here we are passing him again.
Poor Cookie. I don't think she enjoyed much of this, do you?
She is NOT asleep....she is HIDING!!!
This is much better!! Hot chocolate and cookies after.
I love this stuff!
Bananie stayed at Grandma Annie's house Friday night and Cookie stayed with us.
In the morning Doran and I went running while Camri stayed home with Cookie. Then I left again to go play volleyball, which they didn't have, so I came right back home. Good thing I went running and not relied on VB for my exercise that morning. When I got home Cookie told me she was getting something out of the fridge and something was dripping on her.....Yep. Our fridge and freezer went out. The ice cream was melted and dripped on her head. So Cookie put the thawing rolls in a pan so we could bake them and Doran and I threw a bunch of stuff away.
Luckily we were able to get a hold of the repair man and he came and fixed it before we had to leave for Provo. BUT......he said since it has been fixed a couple of times before we need to watch it. We may have to replace the WHOLE thing in a couple of weeks if this doesn't work.
I am NOT prepared to buy another fridge right now. Cross your fingers.
After we cleaned the freezer and put it back together we left for Provo to take a desk to Cortney. We didn't get much time for a visit because she was on her way to work. We stopped at Cabela's on the way home. Ya know....I use to like this store. But anymore....not. But Doran wanted to stop and see if he could find anything to use his Gift Card for. He did find him a couple of shirts. AND we found some yummy candy.
These are a couple of videos that Bananie made us make Friday night.

Fun weekend.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Fun to ride a ghost train--love it. Does look a little scary.

Sorry about the fridge--hope it doesn't have to be replaced.

Cute video clips.

Gamble Family said...

That ghost train looks so stinkin fun!

Cheri J. Crane said...

What a fun train ride. ;)Perfect for this time of year. Loved the pictures.

Dianie said...

This looked like a great family fun filled evening, with a spooky ride and all that hot chocolaty goodness at grandmas ( Just curious, does your mom still make that delicious baked caramel corn?). Your grandkids are darling.

~Diane

Dawn said...

Looks like a very fun weekend. I want to go on a Ghost Train ride. When I was younger, we went on a haunted hayride every year. I miss that!

Your grandkids are adorable. I love the videos! :-)

susette said...

Oh wart you are funny! I loved to play those hand games when I was a little girl. I don't think I would have liked to get pushed on my tush though. Glad you didn't play them with me.

Beth at Aunties said...

What a fun ghost train ride with scary grandparents! At that age I probably would have been with cookie, HIDING.
So sorry about your fridge! Ours did the same thing this month...the day before a realtor came over to appraise our home. We bought sor of a cheapy thinking we were going to sell and move to an area where the yard would be taken care of. Mr B travels A LOT on church assignment for his job.
Then our niece who lives with us got up in Sacrament Meeting and spoke the best tear jerker talk ever on trials and tribulations... It melted our hearts... Afterwards we knew we had to stay and continue to provide a home for her family.
So we have a new cheapy fridge! LOL

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...