Friday, October 2, 2009

Have you ever felt like a stalker?

1. Well I have lately. I have notice that many bloggers are converting over to Face Book. Well on my way I went. But I am realizing that it takes much of my time, for what? Yes, I like to get in contact with old friends and family but I am usually NOT accomplishing anything. I have decided to take a break from FB and concentrate more on my blog (my journal).

2. I enjoy reading others blogs but sometimes I feel like maybe I am just being a stalker. Not that I NEED to hear a reply from someone when I leave a comment on their page but time after time after I leave a comment and hear nothing I get to wondering are they thinking......Who is this and why does she keep coming back. Sooooo I have decided that the next time I have MORE time I am going to eliminate some of those I "follow", not because I don't enjoy reading their blog but I don't want to feel like a stalker.

When I leave a comment I do NOT have a "non-reply" commenter so there is no reason that they can't acknowledge that I have been there (unless I am bugging them). I appreciate when someone leaves me a comment and I can reply to their comment through e-mail immediately instead of going BACK to the blog to leave a reply. I realize people are busy and I don't want them to feel like they have to VISIT my blog just to say thanks for stopping. Is this making any sense?

I am not looking for comments to MY blog nor am I LOOKING for recognition EVERY TIME I visit someone elses blog. But maybe after I leave 10 comments, let me know that you don't think I am a stalker.

Welp that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I may lose many readers with this post and I am sorry if I sounded like a cry baby but I don't have time to read blogs if I just annoy them with my comments.

11 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

You can leave as many comments you would like...well, when I actually update my blog. Love ya!

Yvonne said...

I feel like FB takes way too much time.

I respond to comments on my blog in the comments. I hope that is o.k.

I appreciate your comments.

susette said...

I guess I'm not quite "with it" because I don't hang out on facebook very much. It just doesn't make much sense to me. I don't care to read what so many people are doing up to the minute of each day. Porter made me laugh the other day when he said "well that's all your blogging is mom. You're just reading about what everybody's doing." I thought about it and realized he's kind of right in a way, although blogging just feels so different to me. Doesn't blogging feel more like a personal connection?

Maybe because it is more like a journal and it feels more like accomplishing something when getting things written down.

PS-I've missed you. I hope life is slowing down for you somewhat.

Kelli said...

I think I am too tired anymore to leave very many comments on blogs anymore. I'm bad, and I know it. Slap me in the face

Phae-Jae said...

I love your blog! I have gotten in a very bad habit of reading blogs on bloglines and NOT commenting.
Good post!

I enjoy FB, but blogs are so much more personal.

JBPacker said...

You are hilarious!!! You can leave comments on my blog anytime. I love reading your exercise stuff. I am always looking for ways to motivate. You gave me the idea to log my workouts and your testimony of the Gospel is truly uplifting. Thanks for sharing your post with me.

Unknown said...

I'm a faithful "Jody Blog" reader! :)

UtahJenny said...

You are WAY too cute, nice and uplifting to be "annoy"ing! Anyhow, I understand where you are coming from, I love to read and peek at others, but I don't always let them know. Anyhow, just do what ya gotta do! I'll still be checking in.

Jen said...

Well, I love your comments too and hope you continue to leave me little messages. I'm not a good facebooker either. I think you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...I have been out of synch with the blogging world lately. I've been doing posts, but I haven't been visiting other people's. Today I actually found time (at work, no less) to visit people's blogs and do a little catch-up, although I can never really catch up! Thanks for visiting me at Miss Daisy! I always enjoy our continued blogging friendship! I'm happy you guys are getting a temple in your neck of the woods! That's awesome!

Beth at Aunties said...

I have enjoyed your comments. Sometimes life only allows us to be a bit of a stalker. (like our life lately) Sussette in one of her earlier posts let me know it was alright:)
I love the ideas I gleam from others and those who make me want to be a better person...like you! although I was a bit jealous when you got to go to St Augustine!!!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...