Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back at it!!

Yesterday Audrey and I set out for our first run together in TOO long of time. We planned on taking it slow and easy so we did the walk run thing. We ended up more running than planned which was good. We did High 5's for Audrey because she did the best she has done in a long time. Keep it up Audrey! Doin' the Happy Dance for ya!
4.22 miles / 50 min.

We have been without an air conditioner (because of the new cement going in) for the past couple of night thus making it hard to sleep in the heat. Well they reinstalled it yesterday so last nights sleep was much better and I wanted to stay in the bed this morning. But...I made myself get up and go running.

This morning was a GREAT run! My first official non-stopping run since my owie. But I am thinking that maybe the .10 sprint at the end should have been left out. Owie.... I hope I can continue to improve. Thanks for all the support and prayers you have given me!

4 miles in 38:44. Now off to ice, rub, ice, rub, ice, rub

Doran went running Tuesday night. I'm not sure how far he went but I am betting it was over 7 miles. Last night he went running UP the canyon and back down. I think the watch said 8.3 or something. He is a HE man!!

I look forward to running with him on Saturday. Not sure where to go if we are camping or even if we are NOT camping. Training said 9 miles but I might just shoot for 8 and NO sprinting.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

man i gotta tell ya i could not survive without my AC...for real. i run that baby all summer long at a breeeezy 75.

good for you for getting up and getting running...impressed!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you're doing better. And I'm so proud of you for taking time off. That's really hard to do. Especially when you have a race in just a few weeks that you've worked so hard for. I'm excited!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You guys are animals! I'm so impressed.

Connie said...

You are amazing! 4 miles in 38 minutes? And with an injury?
Glad you're back at it!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...