Monday, August 23, 2010

Eating one SHELF at a time.

We have built up so much food the past little while which including leftovers in our fridge that I didn't want to buy anything else until our fridge was clean. So for our "menu" last Thursday we had........

The Bottom Shelf. What ever was on the bottom shelf was what was for dinner. We were not required to eat the growing stuff though, whew. So Doran commenced to empty off the bottom shelf while I separated the "eatable" stuff from the "down the disposal" stuff. Then he started on the middle shelf. WHOA! I only said the bottom. Well we ended up making a fund raiser pizza we had and some beets and then Chelsea called and invited us over for dinner. She made a roast and potatoes. Well HELLLOOO! So we packed up our pizza (left the beets home because they make Chelsea gag) and headed over for a pizza roast dinner. I won't tell Chelsea but I had a piece of pizza on my way over. Hey! I was hungry and it was hot and crispy, just right.

Then Friday we ate at Doran's Uncle Wesley's 80th birthday party. Free food and it was DElish! Saturday and Sunday happened in a blurr and we just grabbed whatever.

TONIGHT.....drum roll please. We are having, the middle shelf and possible the top shelf because Doran started on the middle one last Thursday. Oh I hope there is something good hiding behind that milk!

5 comments:

Rindi said...

What a good idea! Ours usually sits in there until it's all down the disposal stuff

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OK that's about the funniest thing I have heard.
Good idea.
However, the hubs and I would starve. I just cleaned out my fridge and there wasn't anything in it to begin with.
It's looking rather pitiful.
I think we would be having eggs and jam (bottom shelf)
cheese and sour cream (middle shelf)
beef boullion and pickles (top shelf)
Ya, we'd starve.
What time is dinner? We might be over!!!

Kelli said...

your so funny, I wish i lived closer.

Connie said...

Hilarious! Glad you're not eating the growing stuff, unless it's from your garden!

Sounds like you've had a weekend of good food!

Yvonne said...

That is such a great idea--it's EXACTLY what we need to do to clean out our fridge. Thanks.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...