Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back on the bench

Grr....I am so upset and so worried.

On Monday morning I went out for a THREE mile run. My legs started hurting again. By that afternoon and evening they were really achy.

I considered doing my Wednesday run on Tuesday because I needed to do my Thursday run on Wednesday so I can rest Thursday and do my Saturday run on Friday morning. Did you get all that? Anyway, I did NOT go running Tuesday morning because my legs hurt just to walk. Then no Wednesday morning run. Then my Thursday morning run didn't happen either.

Last time I had a shin splint and knee problems I went to a chiropractor so this morning I broke down went again. After he rubbed and squished and zapped my legs I went walking out of there feeling a little hopeful. I really need to massage and ice rub these legs vigilantly until the race next Saturday. I was going to do my last long run (8 mile) tomorrow but it is NOT going to happen.

Next week I only have a THREE mile run scheduled for Monday and Wednesday and then a TWO mile walk on Thursday then the race is on Saturday. I am so hoping that the lack of the EIGHT mile for tomorrow will let me heal fast and that I won't be too out of shape for the race. Oh please, please let me reach my goal!

In other news, Doran is running his guts out. Really, he ran Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 7-8 miles in the HEAT! Today he will be taking the day off and then running my long run (his regular) for me tomorrow.

Tryin' to keep my chin up~!

"Perseverance means to continue in a given course until we have reached a goal or objective, regardless of obstacles, opposition, and other counter influences...Perseverance is a positive, active characteristic...It gives us hope by helping us realize that the righteous suffer no failure except in giving up and no longer trying."
--Joseph B. Wirthlin

6 comments:

Jen said...

So sorry to hear that! But you really don't need to worry. You won't lose any of your fitness in a couple of weeks and the rest will do you more good than trying to run and make up the miles. Plus you already have a great attitude and that goes a long way. You'll make it! Can you bike at all? I know biking has been the ticket for me to keep in shape and heal. I'll be thinking about you!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ouch, those gotta hurt.
Hopefully you will be out and about before too dang long.

Unknown said...

I'm BACK!! (yay!)
So sorry to read about your shin splints... those are NOT fun. Don't rush healing--you'll be running again in no time~
xo

Beth at Aunties said...

I agree with Jenny...Don't rush your healing. As much as you have ran, during the race with your heart and attitude will make up for the lost time on the road. Good luck and I am praying for you!

You still amaze me!~♥

Beth at Aunties said...

I agree with Jenny...Don't rush your healing. As much as you have ran, during the race with your heart and attitude will make up for the lost time on the road. Good luck and I am praying for you!

You still amaze me!~♥

Connie said...

Take care! It's so frustrating to be on the sidelines when you want to be in the game! Hang in there. Give it time.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...