A couple of weeks ago our plan was to attend a wedding on Saturday morning, March 7, the wedding luncheon in the afternoon and the reception that night. Whew. Long day. Well because I didn't want to get up WAY early to be to the SLC Temple by 9:30 am, we decided to stay in SLC. Cortney drove in from Arizona to go also.
After getting word of our desire to 'stay in Salt Lake' my friend Susette invited us to stay with her and her family. Well it took almost the whole week to convince Doran that this was fun a good idea. Doran, Cortney and I stayed while we booked Jason and Chelsea a hotel close by. Now an apology to our family in Arizona. I didn't take pictures. Good thing Diana did! Why of all people did I not take pictures? Well you see......I left my camera in the car because I knew you couldn't take them inside the temple, but what I forgot is that you can leave your purse in a locker area while we go in for the sealing. Duh, I should have remembered that. AND I had the most uncomfortable shoes that there was no way I was going to make it to the car and back after the sealing and be a happy camper. AND it was FREEZING outside so we stood by the ventilation vent that was coming from the laundry we think. So I am so very sorry. I should have planned and prepared better. So I am hoping that Angie will forgive me for 'borrowing' some pictures off her Facebook.
It was a very, very nice wedding and the pictures were fun. The bride and grooms family know how to put on a party for EVERYTHING. Wow!!!
Here is one picture I tried to snap quick at the luncheon. They look so happy!! We are so proud of Angie and Clint.
This is our cute Angie. Her mother and Doran's sister are REALLY good friends from way back, before they even got married. Quite a few years ago we have 'adopted' them into our family. They are great people and way fun to be with.

Congratulations Clint and Angie. Best wishes to both of you and BE HAPPY!!

The rest of the pictures were taken at Susette's home. We had so much fun and are so thankful for the hospitality of your family, Wart. We were in and out all day Saturday and Friday night. Susette even took Cortney shopping Saturday. What a pal! Since this is my blog, I decided to use MOST of the pictures we took.
Look! Susette got a hold of my camera.
This is da babies first crack at pickled beets. I don't care what Chelsea says, da baby loved em!!! Just ask me!!!
'Scuse us while we wipe the slobber.
What? Why doesn't my mommy like these?
They are GREAT!!! She better feed them to me ALL the time.
Give me more!!!
I need an old shirt so I can eat beets in peace.
Notice she is grabbing my finger. She controlled the eating.
I am getting tired of this interruption about this time.
GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME!!
Dis is derishes!!
I gonna lick it to pieces or until mom says that's enough.
Bananie and Jason were content on the floor building their projects.
As the sisters assemble........
K. Were here....smile
This little girl is such a cutie. Here is her project. It is a......a.....well I don't know the architectural name for it........it's a.....thing.
Hey! Don't forget me! I built a 'thing' too.
Does this mean Cookie is driving Bananie to drink? Almost looks like she is beginning a choke hold on Cookie. Hmm
And an aero plane. Or something that flies.
Pouting time. Be right back.
These are a few of my favorite girls at the luncheon.
They had these FABULOUS chocolate covered strawberries at the reception so I HAD to bring one back for Susette. Ya know, get on her good side so she doesn't toss us out. I think it worked. Whew.
This is Ricky......He is our new friend too. He is actually friends with Susette's family and came over for a visit. Fun guy!
And in this picture he has eyes.
Self Portraits
I hope to do this again..............SOON!!!!!!!
7 comments:
Oh this was so hilarious. How am I even going to blog mine and have it be even half as cute??? You guys crack me up constantly! We had an absolute blast having you guys here. I so hope you will come again soo. Um...I did notice the ikea car at the end there but nothing said about ikea. 'Member all those sweet roller brushes? and somebody lounging in the store, maybe taking a nap? I think we wore you out staying up till 2:00 every night.
Thats they way to really jump back into blogging. Great post. You guys crack me up. I wonder if you all ever stop laughing when your together?????
You have the cutest personality. I just love how honest you are. I enjoyed the pictures. I can tell your family means everything to you. I didn't realize you were also the Young Women's President. How do you do it all? Your amazing! I thought the cake you put together with all the napkins and things was darling.
Wow! So many fun pictures and captions...my favorite type of post! :)
What a post! I love all the pics!
Lol I love the beets! But I agree with Chels...Yuck!
What fun and amazing pictures! And how great is that that you got to stay with Susette! Wahoo! I bet you had a wonderful time. I love all of those pictures of your cute granddaughter! She is one adorable cookie.
Post a Comment