Monday, March 30, 2009

New Calling

Yesterday Doran was released as the Young Men's President and sustained as a Gospel Doctrine Teacher. He loves to teach Gospel Doctrine. He loves to learn and study. He loves the scriptures and can remember LOTS of things and stories and where they are and yada yada. I am always amazed how he can know right where to go for questions and answers. If someone asks a question that he doesn't know, or even if it is asked in a class to someone else, and if he doesn't know, he will spend that next week finding the answer. He is awesome. Doran's father was the same way. Knew and loved the scriptures and doctrine. I think Doran would enjoy and do a good job as a seminary teacher.
DORAN IS A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE!! I love him for that. And I love to be in his classes. He is not the kind to talk over your head to make himself look intelligent. He will take the time to teach and explain in ENGLISH.
Just don't EVER think that just because he knows stuff, that I know stuff.

I am hoping that whatever my next calling is, it will allow me to go to his class!! That's right. I have not yet been called to anything. I am nervously enjoying my 'time off'.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Dad is a good teacher. And I think he is very patient. Don't be shocked if you see me coming to your ward.

Jen said...

Ahhhhh! He is the best teacher ever! Lucky!

Loraine said...

Doran will be a fabulous teacher. Are you having YW withdrawls yet? I can't think about my YW without shedding tears of regrets that I'm with a bunch of rowdy scouts instead of my sweet girls!

Ashley said...

Wow, good luck! I'm glad he's so excited about it and will be such a great teacher. That calling would SCARE me to death!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...