Thursday, March 12, 2009

Florida - Day 7 Friday

I never thought I would get to go but LOOK!!! Our last full day together before we head home. I have been begging Doran to take our whole family for years but we just haven't worked it out. And now I got to go. But not with the family. Now that I have been ONE day, I would like to go back. But as all of you that have been before you KNOW you need more than one day. And I would like to see the other parks too!
We only had time for one park so we chose this one. I am not up on the attractions anywhere else so I really don't know what I missed. We enjoyed the day here. There were a few rides. We made it on some. One was the Crash Dummies test run. It was fun because it was a FAST CAR. Of course the ride was too short but we enjoyed ourselves. Our favorite was the "Soarin'" ride. It was like a hang gliding experience. You sat on these chairs that lifted off the ground and there was a huge screen in front of you. We flew over several different scenery's. You could actually feel the difference in temperature and I loved flying over an orchard and smelling fruit. This ride was SO COOL!!! We would have went back but we ran out of time. Then more rides in Future World where we "wrote" about our "future life". Kinda reminds you of the "Jetson's" huh!
We also visited "The Land". There is this neat 'garden' inside. We got on a boat/train and toured the place. Look at these pumpkins.
And squash.

We then headed to the "World Showcase". We stopped in Mexico and had some lunch. And for dinner we ended up in China.

There were a couple of countries that had rides inside the area. We had so much fun!

We even went to a 3-D film. It was called "Honey, I shrunk the audience." It was also fun. Well EVERYTHING was fun since we were together!! I so love my best friend!
These are the same people just different spots. And YES, it was worth carrying that bag of Cotton Candy around. I just wish I would have grabbed some more.
AH!!! It is getting close to the fireworks time. Grab a seat and wait. Oh wait. We had to stand. There were SO MANY PEOPLE!!!
The music was loud as the world came around the lake. It was spinning and then opened up to a wonderful show of fireworks. Oh, you so had to be there!!!
The close of our day.........Would I go back again?
YOU BET!! ANYWHERE with Doran!Tomorrow we will be flying home.....

Until then...........buckle up!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun!

Shimmy Mom said...

Sure looks like a great trip. I'm so glad that you've had a good time. Travel safely!
*hugs*

Chelsea said...

How fun. Wish we were there too.

Audrey said...

What a wonderful anniversary!

Jen said...

Oh Jody, this looks like so much FUN! I love the pictures where you cut put your faces on the cartoon pics. Cute idea! I'm glad you had so much fun and got to go! I loved all the pics of you and Doran!

susette said...

You sure know how to party. I wanna go someday (sigh)

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...