Sunday, March 1, 2009

Florida - Day 6 Thursday

Thursday Art got off work early so Michelle and I went shopping really fast in the morning. When he got home about 11:30 am, they headed to Orlando for a dinner and horse show. So while Doran was at work (he actually got a tour at Kennedy Space Center), I went in to Orlando too. But I went by my lonesome. I googled for an LDS book store because I knew I would have my book done before I got home and I would need something to read on the plane. I set my GPS and off I went. I didn't have any trouble finding the book store. And to my amazement....I ran right into the LDS Temple. After my purchase at the ONLY LDS book store in Florida, I drove over to the temple. It was across the street. I was SOOOO excited when I saw this!!!

I was so wishing I would have wore a skirt to go inside. I am sure they would have let me go inside anyway but I didn't dare. Besides I wouldn't have had time to do anything. But by time Doran actually got done and back from work.......I would have had plenty of time. He didn't get home until 6:30. Now I am kicking myself. This was BEAUTIFUL!!! Even I took decent pictures. But how can you mess up a temple?I walked around the whole grounds. It was so nice. I was so missing my honey, but it was a pleasant pondering time. I am so thankful for my eternal companion and my family. And I am so thankful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever.

Here, I am sitting on a bench. There wasn't anyone else around. So peaceful. I can still feel the wonderfulness of it as I am posting this. Can you feel it too?

This is what was kind of depressing. The parking lot was not very full. I hope it was just the time of day.
I was so impressed with the front entrance. It looked so much prettier than this picture shows. And right inside the doors, there were containers with white umbrellas. Why this caught my eye, I don't know. But it touched me.
The grounds were trimmed and beautiful, of course.

These little guys were ALL over. I guess that's when you can tell you are in Florida.
Some of them even posed for me. So this counts as my spiritual day. I really enjoyed myself, even though I was by my lonesome.
When Doran got home we went back to Durango's for dinner. And once again, it was delish!

6 comments:

Mel said...

What a beautiful temple!

susette said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. The temperature looks delightful too. I'm hoping I wasn't bugging you with texts during your peaceful quiet time.

Kate said...

We went as a family last year to that temple to do baptisms. My kids loved it. It is such a beautiful temple, we were there going to Disney World. Great pictures.

Jen said...

That is a beautiful Temple. I don't know if I've ever seen pictures of it before. What a great trip!

Jen said...

Wow! It's sooo beautiful and WHITE! Really white. Love the little "gecko", especially the last pic, reminds me of the Geico commercials. Ha. It's too bad you didn't have a skirt to change into, it would have been fun to go inside.

Beth at Aunties said...

It is such a beautiful temple. I love temples with palm trees. It would have been great if you would have ahd a skirt so you could even walk through what you could.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos!!!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...