Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Island Park

Last Thursday through Saturday Camri and I went with 9 other women from the ward to Island Park. Sis Gibby has a cabin there and every year they take people up at different times to "Get-A-Way". They have been doing this for the past 10 years. This is my first year going up. I guess it is one advantage we received by switching wards. When we got there she had set it up so we each got a towel and wash cloth and these cute little things. She spoiled us!!
We had so much fun. We didn't want to come home. We were in the first group that got there and while we waited we waxed our hands. Here is Jan being amazed at how her hands look so....so....waxed.We went four-wheeling. Lots of fun fun.
Here is Elaine and Jan. They claimed to have seen a bear. (I would much rather run in to a bear than a shark)
Thursday night we had our first meal over the coals. Some were brave and stayed out and ate with the bugs. They were driving me crazy so I caved and went inside. Then we played games that night. It was SO.... MUCH.... FUN!!! Camri even had a blast. We laughed til we cried.
Friday morning we got up, had breakfast and then headed to the river. I KNEW sharks were in there. There were a couple of times that we had to put more air in our rafts. (Hurry so I don't get bit!)
Camri, Julie and I got to share one. (We also had the jerky and sunflower seeds) A lot of the river was so low that you could get out and walk. Did I tell ya there were sharks in there. Some places we had to get out and pull the rafts to deeper water. Sounds like a hassle? Nope, that was even fun.
Here is Elaine cleaning out her 'drawers'. She fell in earlier and got sand where she didn't want it. She also took her phone swimming with her. Luckily it dried out and started working again. She was going to stay a couple of more days and her sweetheart was going to meet up with her so she needed her phone. But it was clean. The phone I mean.
We all stopped to take a break. AH....now this is the life.
When we got done we headed back and took showers and left for West Yellowstone for shopping, dinner and a play. The play was called "See How They Run". It was really cute. And the "previews" before hand were fuuunnnyy! This is a picture of intermission. They did their own.
Who painted that smile on me? Obviously they forgot the enthusiasm.
Saturday morning I fixed breakfast and put it in the oven while most were still sleeping. Then I headed out for a run while Elaine, Camri and Julie went riding. I tried to make it to a bridge and back. Elaine said it was about 2.5 miles. I didn't make it before I needed to get back and take breakfast out. Good thing I told Jan to take it out at a certain time. Elaine guided Camri and Julie back to the cabin and came back and got me and gave me a ride back. So, is that called cheating? Here is Camri after that ride....
Now notice the dirt around her eyes and all over. They were a mess. But boy did they have fun! Thanks Elaine!! It was great!!! I will plan on next year too!!!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I so want to come next year. It sounds wonderful.

Ashley said...

Wow, that looks like a little paradise! What thoughtful people they are!

Tina said...

Looks like fun!!! I LOVE girly trips!

Dawn said...

That looks like so much fun! I need a weekend away like that. :-)

Marne said...

What fun! I love Island Park, I would go there all the time as a kid.

Jen said...

What a great getaway! It looks like you were really spoiled and I'm glad Cambry had a good time too! I love the little soap things! Cute!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...