Saturday we had the opportunity to participate in a 5K Dash for Donation, a race in which all proceeds go towards a charity for organ donations. The following pictures are all about the fun we had.
One more potty break ought ta do it.
A little more than six minutes to go.
Ready, set....
Go!!
Here comes Doran. The first .6 miles was a killer uphill. The rest was a really nice run, with a lot of downhill. Ya! My favorite!!
I have been having some bad knees for most of the week and a shin splint on my left leg. I wrapped my leg per instruction. Most of that gruelling uphill my leg was tight and hurting. When I got to the 2 mile marker I took the time to take it off. AH...that felt much better. I wish I never would have put it on. I did much better without it.
Doran is so good to come back and get me. He is in the right background. Every time I run I try to sprint my last leg. Here I go.....I have been wanting to pass that girl for miles. Yahoo!!!Kim did such a good job taking pictures.....it looks like I am flying....(That's because I was going so fast.....that's my story anyway.)
Then because I love her so much I went back and get Audrey. Doran went with. Go Audrey, Go!!
We stayed for awards.......just in case. Here is Doran. He just received 1st Place in his age group. And the last. He was the only one in his age group. He was actually 15Th out of 33 men. His time was 24:39. AND....he won a blue ribbon and $20 gift certificate to Maddox. Woohoo!!!
Here I am.....I took 3rd Place!! I won a white ribbon. I placed 15Th out of 62 women. My time was 29:12. A lot better than I thought I would do because we actually drove the course the night before and I stressed about that hill all night.
Here we all are. Audrey placed 34 out of 62. Her time was 35:27. Go Audrey!!! She thought she was going to walk most of the way and take 2 hours, but I think she got the running bug after the uphill hill.
The night before Doran took me to find some cotton candy so that could be my reward. But no such luck. Oh man, was I ever disappointed. So.....after the race we all went to IHOP for breakfast. Yes, even in my hoochie mama clothes. Oh the shame. But the food was DEElish.
13 comments:
Jody, what a great post! Thank you for the kind words, your friendship, your willingness to come back and get me at the end of the race (however, you get no thanks for putting that potty picture up!)
Luv ya!
What a great cause.
IF anyone out there has an extra kidney, my son needs one.
email me at allknames at gmail dot com
Wow, that is awesome! Great job on winning third place too!
That is such a wonderful thing.
I would have been stressing about the hill too--heck, I would have been stressing about the whole race.
Great job on your time. congrats.
Such a great cause, and you all did great. I'm proud of all of you! :-)
Way to go guys... Thats some awesome times...
What a wonderful reason to run. And what a fun time. I love the potty break photo.
Have a great day
Terrific job guys!!!
-your favorite son-in-law
SO AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!!!
i wish i could do that!!!!
You are pretty amazing! Your friend Aubrey sounds equally amazing, and her son, how heart touching! I have a 25 year old son that is on the transplant list for a kidney, he has had 2 transplants that failed. (long story), hopefully someday soon he will match with an organ donor.
You're an awesome runner, that's for sure! I'm going to be out there with you next week, I hope! And it really was a beautiful post!
Great job!! One of these days, I'll enter my first 5k...and finish it a couple days later! hee!
Congratulations on finishing and the awards!
How fun! I've always wanted to run a race but never have. You make it look fun.
Post a Comment