Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Exciting Dilemma


Ok. This is the situation. I just received a box of my grandma's diaries. Yahoo!!! I can't wait to dig in and read, read, read. Now I know that my brother mentioned that he would like to read them too. And I am betting that my mom, aunt and cousins would like to read them too. So....I am trying to figure out the best way to duplicate them. I could type them in Word or in some kind of book form. They wouldn't have grandma's writing on all of the pages but I could insert some here and there. AND I have found some receipts and pictures in some.

I am looking for some suggestions on the funnest and most memorable and practical way to do this. I know it will be work on my part but that is ok. And maybe they could even be a Christmas gift. So please, if anyone has some ideas, I would love to hear about them. Thanks in advance!!!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I am good at cleaning noses and bottoms of small children, sorry, I cant help ya there. not my area of expertise. hehe sounds like a wonderful gift though

Ashley said...

That sounds really awesome! What a treasure! I like your idea of typing it up.

Yvonne said...

Wow what a great "dilemma". I like your idea--that would be a wonderful gift.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Can you scan them? If you're not opposed to some cost, you could scan the pages and then do something like Shutterfly where you can have a book printed...

Redhoodoos said...

Oooh, I would love to get hold of some of my grandmother's (or other ancestors) diaries. What a treat! I like Holly's scanning idea - but I've never done this before. But if you can't scan, I think your family would love the words she wrote more than her handwriting, anyway.

How exciting for you!

Jen said...

I bet you are so excited to read! I know that I have a copy of my great grandma's journal. It's typed and I haven't thought twice about it. I love it! And what a great gift. One they'll treasure forever!

Jodi said...

Ooooooooooooh my gosh! How I would LOVE to get a treasure like that! I would give anything to have something like that! IT will be a lot of work to copy, but so worth it! I am so excited for yoU!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...