Doran and I were on a pretty good training routine. Doran, because he is a stud. Me, because I was training for a Half Marathon.
Well we went on vacation for NINE days. The day we left (Saturday) I was to run 10 miles. Well, we went up the canyon and ran the 8 mile run so we could hurry and get home to be ready by 9:00 am to go on our trip. It was a nice run.
My next run was to be on Monday so we got up Monday to go running FOUR miles. We didn't even make it three. It was a brutal run. I swear both ways we were going up hill. Then on Wednesday I was to do 6 and Thursday I was to do 4 and Saturday 11, the next Monday was another 4. Ya...well...NONE of it happened!!
The day after we got back I went running (Tuesday). I was to go 4 miles and I only went 3. I did better than I thought I would but I was glad when I was done. So I changed my training schedule again. This would work out because I was 3 weeks ahead of schedule anyway. So NOW I have it set up that I will finish on the DAY of the Half Marathon (right on schedule). Doran got his 7+ miles done on Tuesday. I was suppose to run 5 miles yesterday...didn't happen. Today 3 miles.....didn't happen...yet. If I don't run in the morning I have a hard time forcing myself to run in the afternoon heat OR the gym.
Saturday we are shooting for 10 miles. Can I do it with the running I have done this week??? Doran can. He is a HEman.
I haven't signed up for the Half Marathon yet and now I am AFEARED to. Before, I was getting a little more confidence and stronger. Now I feel like I am starting all over. Things keep getting in the way of our running. NO MORE!!!
Cross your fingers we - I can do this!!
PS...I still haven't had time to get my pictures loaded from the trip so be patient.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Blog
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
Chelsea and I decided to try to start a Good Mail Blog. You will not be able to put posts on the blog. It will be a list of names, addresse...
-
Oh what a time! Back on Saturday we made history!! (La de da. I am singing) So sorry for those that couldn't make it. Tink and I decid...
5 comments:
YES you can do it! Cuz you are a SHE-RA! It will be hard, but you will catch up fast, I know you. Have faith in yourself, and remember faith and fear cannot exist at the same time.
Yes, you are totally a "She-Ra" ... keep going - you are doing awesome!!!
You CAN do it!!
If you sign up for the half marathon, it will FORCE you to get that running in!
You're awesome!
of course you can do it! looks like you have been training hard!
my husband just ran his first 10K a few weekends ago...this is after losing 145 lbs and keeping it off for a year. what an amazing day that was for him.
good luck!
Post a Comment