This morning my 11 mile training run turned into a 13.1. That IS the length of the REAL THING. Next week we were going to go run the REAL route too. I sure hope I can do today, next week AND be able to do the Half on August 28.
Doran and I went up the canyon and ran down from the road sheds, then around the reservoir, then on home with Hillary, Sherrie and Kim. Well of course they left me in the dust right at the very first. I just wish Doran would have gone with them instead of me holding him back. At about 7 miles I was telling him to go on home and get the car and come back for me. I didn't think I would make it more than 11. But NNOOOO he kept coming back for me. Finally the last couple of miles he left. I thought that when I get to 11 miles I was just going to sit down and wait but I kept going and going and going. Not like the Energizer Bunny, it was more like a snail. Then at 12 miles I was going to sit down but I kept going. Then I past my house because I thought I might as well make it a half (13.1). We ended up a couple blocks away and walked home.
I hurt EVERYWHERE. Wait....my fingernails don't hurt. I don't see how those marathoners do it! I just don't.
I have been suffering with gut aches for...well years. I got online and self-diagnosed myself with Peptic Ulcer. I always had a hard time explaining to Doran how I hurt and what I felt. He worried about my heart. I worried about my intestines and other stuff. Can't be my Gal bladder cuz I had that ripped out a few years ago thinking that would solve the problem. Well when I read about the symptoms I thought, Ya, that's what I feel. Now I just got to figure out what to do about it because it is really ripping my gut while I am running too. NOT fun.
That's this mornings story. Just filled up on breakfast and now off to the showers. I really need a nap and a massage.
This morning they are doing the Brigham City Temple ground breaking. We didn't make it. But I will NOT miss the Open House nor the Dedication.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Blog
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
Chelsea and I decided to try to start a Good Mail Blog. You will not be able to put posts on the blog. It will be a list of names, addresse...
-
Oh what a time! Back on Saturday we made history!! (La de da. I am singing) So sorry for those that couldn't make it. Tink and I decid...
1 comment:
Wow, I don't know how you run that far! My fingernails would hurt for sure.
Post a Comment