Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Step After Another

"An eternal principle is revealed in holy writ: “It is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize.” (Mosiah 4:27) We don’t have to be fast; we simply have to be steady and move in the right direction. We have to do the best we can, one step after another."--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

This is the message that I got after I read my online scriptures. It was so profound, not just for daily life but for my runs that I am struggling with. I need to remind myself this after each step...I don't have to be fast, just Steady and move in the right direction. Just do my best.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

Perfect! I really needed to read that!

Yvonne said...

Isn't that PERFECT.

UtahJenny said...

Great quote - thanks for sharing!!!

Small House said...

You had come to my blog awhile back, and said that you were headed to Smithfield because your unlce was having a park named after him. Then my computer decided it would act up a bit....And I've wondered what the name of the park is???

Great scripture by the way!!!!
Have a good day.
Sandra

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Being steady or rather, being consistant is so hard sometimes!
But I love this!

susette said...

I'm sure that is what you are already and always doing. That's why I admire you so much!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...