Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trip Day 1, Saturday, July 10, 2010

This morning (Sat, July 10, 2010) started WAY earlier than we wanted. We didn't sleep very good and ended up getting up at O'Dark Thirty (5:00 am) before our alarm. We planned on going running down the canyon again and needed to be running by 6:00 am to make it home in time and back to get the car and back home to shower, hook the trailer up and get out of Dodge by 9:00 am. Well we made it out of the driveway by 9:10 but had to make an ice stop.

The run was beautiful again. Dad didn't join me this time but I wondered if he would. Doran taught me how to use "Gu" or guck or goop or whatever you want to call it. It really wasn't that bad but I did learn that I will definitely need to carry my own water in my next long run if I plan on "Gu-ing". After washing the stuff down (which would never happen if I relied on grabbing water at a water stop, you know me and spilling), I needed sips here and there because it made me thirsty.

Mom and Stan followed us all the way to Rawlin's, Wyoming where we are staying the first night. We enjoyed the windmills on the way.

And the tunnels....

Hmm....I wouldn't want to play chicken with the 'auto' these tires would go on.

And would ya look at this! This is how I feel sometimes. "Always Moving Ahead" But which way is it?

After parking the trailers we headed into town to tour.We saw a cute old house made into a restaurant and decided to stop.The food was good and the waitress was nice. I asked her if we could tour the upstairs but she said they lived there. I told her I would do the dishes if she would let us go look. Well, we didn't get to see it. But there were four separate rooms downstairs that they put tables in. One room was just big enough for two tables but oh so quaint. One room was for the hostess area and salad bar. Would ya look at those doors....gorgeous!

And the boy bay window. Just marvelous.One room/porch was for waiting.

When we got seated we all felt a little dizzy at first. Don't know why....mysterious...

This was one of the neat old buildings around town.Well it is 9:00 pm and we are all tired and I do believe I can hear my pillow calling so....night for now. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

wow...what a fun day. day trips are awesome like that, just get up and go, good times!!

i love that Coco's place soooo cute!

i totally would have let you tour my home if you did my dishes!! TOTALLY!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow! It looks like you are having a ton of fun! Love the pictures.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...