Friday night Doran, Cortney and I ate too much AND too late, AGAIN. We knew we had to get up early to run but that Snicker's Pie and Fresh Strawberry pie was calling to us at 10:00 ish pm and we caved.
Well Doran and I did not sleep well on our full tummy's and we got up at 5:15 Saturday morning for our run. Cortney decided she was going to stay in bed. (She was going to ride the bike while we ran.)
Our friends Hillary, Sherrie, Audrey and Shandra were going to run around the same reservoir too. Audrey and Shandra wouldn't be starting until about an hour later so we didn't get to see them until Doran and I were running down the canyon and they were driving up. Sherrie was running "her" Marathon that morning (Sherrie is a SheRa) and Hillary was going to join her at the reservoir to run about 12 miles with her. We ended up riding up with Hillary and got there just at the right time. Here we see someone coming running down the road with a headlight on. Hillary took off with Sherrie so Sherrie didn't have to stop.
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I had such a terrible time with a run around the dam. Well I was fretting this run now because of that day. Audrey told me to just "DO IT" so I can prove to myself that I can do it. Doran and I walked back up the road a bit to where the "Dam Race" starts and began there. We ran around the reservoir once and then ran down the canyon towards home. We had to add on a few more blocks to get to 10 miles. All in all, it was a wonderful run. The reservoir part was SO much better than last time and there was only a couple spots where I was getting luggy, but we made it. My time was 1:30:13. Doran went ahead a couple of time so we really don't know his time and mileage.
After we got home I finally got up the guts to register us for the Half Marathon. I was nervous and shaking the whole time but we are NOW officially signed up. This is gonna be one T-Shirt that I'm going to earn!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Blog
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
Chelsea and I decided to try to start a Good Mail Blog. You will not be able to put posts on the blog. It will be a list of names, addresse...
-
Oh what a time! Back on Saturday we made history!! (La de da. I am singing) So sorry for those that couldn't make it. Tink and I decid...
1 comment:
WootHoot!!!!!!
Post a Comment