Thursday, July 1, 2010

It was TERRIBLE! Just TERRIBLE!!

Somehow on Sunday I tweaked my knee and it felt like I hyper extended it. I am thinking that a certain little boy in my class that insisted on sitting squirming on my lap the whole time might have had something to do with it along with him kicking me in the chins. Anyway because of my owie I did not run my 3 miles on Monday.

By Wednesday morning I was still leery of running so I waited until after lunch that I decided that I would give it a try. So I planned a 5 mile run that would include running around Mantua Dam. My goal was to get an average of 10 min pace. Then it was just not walk much. Then it was to just finish.

Well let me tell you…..PSHA!! It was in the upper 80’s I believe AND the wind was blowing 100 miles an hour. K maybe not that hard but it really was a whipping and it really was that hot. I struggled WAY bad. I ended up walking a couple of times and not my usual few steps then begin again. NO! I had to walk more than that.
Here is Doran coming back for me on one of his MANY return trips.
By time we are getting close to 1 mile left we were heading into the wind. It was hard to catch my breath.

NO, I didn't finish. My legs, my lungs, my toes, my WHOLE body was exhausted and hurting. I took the cut off and finished with 4.54 miles in 49:23 min. Doran was of course a HE Man again and finished the whole thing. I sat and teared up while I was waiting for him. I tried not to beat myself up.

I did not run my 3 miles this morning because my toes are shot. I am thinking my new shoes are too small even though they are the same size as my old ones. I had a bit of a water blister on one of my toes and I am about to drain it. I decided to rest, rest and then Doran and I will be running the Blacksmith’s Fork Freedom Run in Hyrum on Saturday. It is a 15k (9.3miles). I have never run this far before so I am hoping I will have a good day instead of one like yesterday. This run will take the place of my 10 miles that I am suppose to do on Saturday for my Half Marathon training. AND I am going to wear my OLD shoes. Wish us luck. I know Doran will do just fine and he might have time to come back and get me. (hope, hope). There is a killer hill at the last part of the course. I hope someone leaves me a motorcycle there so I can get up the hill.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Really, don't beat yourself up. There are good days and bad days and the heat really takes it's toll. I think you had an awesome time considering the wind and heat. You're too hard on yourself. Think about Saturday as a training run and try not to focus so much on time. Make it fun. After all it will be a mileage PR no matter how fast or slow you do it in. And I bet by then you'll be great. I'd try to take your shoes back and get a bigger size. Most good stores will let you do that even if you've worn them. Good luck, Jody! Love ya!

Yvonne said...

The heat makes such a difference--I find it much harder to run here in Cali than in Winnipeg.

Sorry about your feet.

Good luck in the race on Saturday.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh darn it! I hope your knee, toe, and whole aching body feels better soon!
You're better than me. I haven't been working out and I've been eating junk food like crazy.

I've gained 5 pounds. I'm so depressed. :D

Unknown said...

Yucky blister!
I hope you're feeling better...
you have pretty toes!
:)

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...