Yesterday after work we had Boot Camp at our house. Greg was going to be out of town and three out of six of us were not going to be able to make it. Greg sent everyone a list of the things that we needed to do.
Hillary, Me, Kristen

Doran went to the torture chamber to run his 7+ miles.
He got home about the time we got done with our torture. Then he went to get in the shower while Cortney and I ran to my mom's for dinner and Doran met us there in the car. (We would need a ride home)
Chelsea came over after we got home to watch a movie. We ended up watching one that was on TV with commercials and all. We have the SAME movie in a DVD. Why don't we bother getting IT and watching WITHOUT commercials? Sheesh.
Saturday morning we hit the streets again. This time Doran, Audrey and I drove up to Mantua and ran home. This was mostly downhill and it was a great run. I can honestly say that 90% of the time I was having a good time. The times that I was struggling I would just think of Jen and Heather running the Salt Lake marathon today. I can't imagine 21 more miles. I finished 5.25 without stopping. I did go back a couple of time for Audrey but she was doing pretty well that I didn't have to go far. Doran, well he ran much more because of his turn arounds to bring us water.

Doran was a wonderful HE man again. He carried our water. This was a tough run for him because he gets going down hill pretty fast and far ahead of us and then he runs back uphill to bring us water. What a guy. I think I'll keep him.

It was a fantastic run!
I didn't realize Audrey was just a snappin' pictures. A girl after my own heart.

See that little speck of yellow up yonder and the speck of black beyond that?

After the run Doran and Cortney cut and edged the grass while I did inside chores then had a shower. Then I went outside to work in the flower patches (oh how I dislike that). Chelsea and the girls stopped by for a minute. Doran was trying to get the weeds sprayed and I was trying to get the dang patches done before I ran out of steam, therefore, the kids didn't stay long.
By time we all had a shower and got most of the yard done (until we were too tired for more), and Cortney got back from a bridal shower, we headed to Ogden for running gear. Then we topped the day off by eating at Texas Roadhouse. I was so worried that I wouldn't get my dinner done by my 9:00 time but I finished at 8:50. The only 'treat' I could find was a roll of smarties in my purse. I didn't get to finish all of it before 9:00 so I saved the rest for tomorrow. I think from now on I will have my treat around LUNCH! That way I can actually enjoy a treat. And NO, I am NOT going to do without one.
I'm thinkin' we both got a little sun today. Kind of red faced wouldn't ya say?

Just a minute pillow. I'm coming, I hear you calling!!!
Night all.
4 comments:
Oh boy I need your energy down here to get my tail end moving as fast as yours does. Good job woman!!
what a day! you ROCK!
You guys are amazing! I love running the canyon! We're gonna have to do that together sometime! Thanks again for all your support and friendship! It really means a lot!
I'm really worried about running downhill--face plant comes to mind ; ) I also worry about my knees. When I run the hills I run up and walk down.
Last night about 9:15 I realized I had only eaten about 2 1/2 servings of vegetables, DARN.
Post a Comment